PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bbawkon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Mogul keeps calling people!!

Hello Everyone,

Currently, i'm on DCD 3.0 (CE OS 5.2.19199 (Build 19199.1.0.0 dcd)), but I've had this problem with every rom i've tried (2.16, 3.16, 3.35 stock, dcd 3.0).

This is driving me INSANE. I've had a T-Mobile Wing and a T-Mobile MDA for over two years now, and I've never had this problem. My Mogul 'wakes up' whenever it feels like it.. I press the power button, screen goes off, none of the keys work - just as it should be.. then 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes later, it just wakes up. No incoming call.. No incoming text.. Nothing - it just wakes up because it can... Then, inevitabely, I lean against something or bend the wrong way.. Press green button twice... and the last person I talked to gets to hear everything I'm doing for as long as they care to listen.

I know I could 'lock' the phone - but to put it simply, I Don't want to! I like being able to quickly access what I need.. Respond to a text message, etc without having to go through the unlock sequence..

When I turn the phone 'off', I expect the $500 phone to stay OFF.

Is there ANY Way to fix this? I'm seriously thinking about taking this back and sticking with T-Mobile. I love the mogul for it's EVDO speed and it's GPS, but my privacy (Not letting the last person I called hear everything I'm doing) is WAY more important to me than GPS and EVDO.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

ben
Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

Shrubber is a n00b
Re: My Mogul keeps calling people!!

The only way I got around this was installing Slide2Unlock2 to make sure that when I bumped the phone it wouldn't hit buttons and call people. When you get a text it will still pop up and let you respond, still answer incoming calls, etc., but won't ever accidentally activate anything.

I consider this a workaround, not a fix, but it is what I have had to do.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent experienced a "random" wake-up unless i caused it. I also use S2U2 (mostly for eye candy) but it does provide a nice alternative to going through the unlocking process that the phone comes standard with. Take it to a Service Center or have it swapped, it might just be a bad phone.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

As long as you have external buttons and/or an external touch screen, you're going to have this problem wthout a locking app. It's just the way it is.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bbawkon is a n00b

Thanks everyone for the useful replies..

As to the idea that with external buttons or touchscreens one will always have this problem.. forgive me.. but, rubbish.

I've had the MDA and the Wing for over two years, and not ONCE has this ever happend. If I push the power button on the Wing or MDA, The phone is OFF and ALL BUTTONS (Other than the power button) including the touch screen are NON FUNCTIONAL. I can tap them, press them, rub them, whatever and they don't do ANYTHING.

The mogul works the same way, in theory. Once I tap the power button, the Phone buttons and the touch screen are NON FUNCTIONAL. They don't do ANYTHING.. It works perfectly, until it doesn't. The phone randomly decides that it's bored, so it wakes up out of it's sleep and makes those buttons active again..

Now, it's NOT me accidently pushing the power button and re-activating the phone.. I've tested that theory.. I turned off (put to sleep) the phone with the power button and then set it on my desk with nothing else touching it.. About 10 minutes went by.. and then.. blink.. backlight popped on and phone was ready to respond to button presses... No incoming call.. No incoming text... It just woke up...because...

I'm going to try S2U2, but honestly, if that is the best 'solution'.. I'll probably stick with my T-Mo Wing and understand why Sprint is loosing customer base faster than they can process cancellations... Such a shame. The network is awesome (at least in my area).. EVDO is SWEET. GPS Is GREAT... The mogul is,,umm.. well, yeah...

Thanks again to everyone,
Ben
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'll probably stick with my T-Mo Wing and understand why Sprint is loosing customer base faster than they can process cancellations... Such a shame.
Yes, because Sprint designed the Mogul.

There's a reason why Palm put an automatic keyguard that requires user interaction to unlock it, as a default setting on their phones. Because buttons get pressed and things happen. It's no different for the Mogul. I understand that somehow you magically never had this issue with other devices, and your Mogul is waking up on it's own (which I've never heard of or experienced, and I've had the mogul since release.), but blaming Sprint is retarded.

Not to mention the entire "loosing" customers faster than they can process is a bit misleading. The Sprint side of the business actually gained subscribers, it's the Nextel side that is incurring the huge losses.

Not that I completely understand what that has to do with HTC and the way they designed the Mogul, but ok.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbawkon View Post
Thanks everyone for the useful replies..

As to the idea that with external buttons or touchscreens one will always have this problem.. forgive me.. but, rubbish.

I've had the MDA and the Wing for over two years, and not ONCE has this ever happend. If I push the power button on the Wing or MDA, The phone is OFF and ALL BUTTONS (Other than the power button) including the touch screen are NON FUNCTIONAL. I can tap them, press them, rub them, whatever and they don't do ANYTHING.

The mogul works the same way, in theory. Once I tap the power button, the Phone buttons and the touch screen are NON FUNCTIONAL. They don't do ANYTHING.. It works perfectly, until it doesn't. The phone randomly decides that it's bored, so it wakes up out of it's sleep and makes those buttons active again..

Now, it's NOT me accidently pushing the power button and re-activating the phone.. I've tested that theory.. I turned off (put to sleep) the phone with the power button and then set it on my desk with nothing else touching it.. About 10 minutes went by.. and then.. blink.. backlight popped on and phone was ready to respond to button presses... No incoming call.. No incoming text... It just woke up...because...

I'm going to try S2U2, but honestly, if that is the best 'solution'.. I'll probably stick with my T-Mo Wing and understand why Sprint is loosing customer base faster than they can process cancellations... Such a shame. The network is awesome (at least in my area).. EVDO is SWEET. GPS Is GREAT... The mogul is,,umm.. well, yeah...

Thanks again to everyone,
Ben
The stock "lock" application requires pressing the screen in two places to unlock the phone and pressing it in one place to lock it. If EVDO rev A, GPS, and an "awesome" network in your area is not worth a few screen presses to you, then yes, you probably need to stay with your T-Mobile device.

By the way, Sprint did not design the basic operations of the PPC-6800, HTC did. So you will have to be like everybody else and find a different reason to hate Sprint.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

IBGregR is a n00b

My phone synchronizes with our corporate exchange servers and they enforce a security policy which locks the phone after 30 minutes of non use. I have experienced my Mogul waking up for no reason at all too but since my phone is typically locked I don't accidentally make phone calls. But I would also like to know what causes it to wake up when there are no alerts, notifications or anything that is taking place. It is purely random.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

strewz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBGregR View Post
My phone synchronizes with our corporate exchange servers and they enforce a security policy which locks the phone after 30 minutes of non use. I have experienced my Mogul waking up for no reason at all too but since my phone is typically locked I don't accidentally make phone calls. But I would also like to know what causes it to wake up when there are no alerts, notifications or anything that is taking place. It is purely random.
I don't know if your corporate exchange server and its security policy has the same settings that our Intellisync synchronizaton software with our corporate email system has, but we have a setting for: "Initiate even if device is powered off." Before we disable this setting in the security policy, we had the same problem with the phones turning on for what appears as no reason.

Mark
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

mine wakes up at the exact same 2 spots around my place. For about 1/4 miles in both places all I have is 1X, and when it switches back to EVDO it turns on the phone. dont understand why, but maybe it has something to do with that.

I've never dialed anything, but then again maybe its because I dont use the stock case.

This may be the first time I keep a phone for more than a year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development