Old 04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
bbawkon
Lurker
Threadstarter

bbawkon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Mogul keeps calling people!!

I too am beginning to agree about the data connection. it seems that if for any reason the data connection is lost, my phone wakes up. But then, sometimes it doesn't - it just doesn't reconnect until I wake it. Strange..

In any case, this is certianlly not something that can't be overcome in Windows Mobile. My Wing and MDA both ran WM5/6, and they could drop and reconnect the data connection without waking up - no problem at all..

As for why I don't want to install S2U2, here are my reasons:
1) The Mogul is already short on RAM. I ran S2U2 for only a few hours, and noticed that my average free ram dropped by about 2MB. When you only have in the range of 20 available, 2 is a significant amount.
2) My Mogul seemed less 'zippy' with S2U2 installed.. Ram may have played a part or perhapps it uses a few MIPS in the background
3) After installing S2U2, in only those few hours, I had one occasion where the phone wouldn't wake up - at all.. power button, nothing.. Couldn't even power it off by holding the power button.. ended up soft resetting.
4) Why should I have to? If I tell the phone to go to sleep, I'm not just joking with it. Go to sleep. Stay that way until I tell you otherwise, you get a phone call, or you get a text message.

Maybe these are foolish reasons to some, but to me, they're not.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and reports - hopefully a solution (a real solution) will be found!

Ben