PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NexVision's Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep14 View Post
I love the ROM...only thing i switched up was the Diamond Skin...The Diamond skin is nice but i wanted a change and replaced it with a very nice WM7 skin and it looks sweet with all of the icons Nex put together for UL.
Wanna post some screenies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
did you incorporate those new "video" drivers that were posted in the general section of the titan forum?
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Can you share were you got your WM7 theme from? Not sure about anyone else, but I am getting about 17MB at boot then about 15 after a couple of minutes then after some usage with all programs closed and running hibernate I get around 10-11MB. So I disabled UL and I boot around 18-19 and stay around 16.5 with nothing running after usage. This is with nothing on my today screen and PP at 4 (default). Not sure why mem is so poor without having anything loaded... is it just me? NO ADDITIONAL installs of anything. All-in-all great ROM nex I love how simple your roms are to setup and they have everything I could want in a rom just wishing mem wasn't such a hog with nothing running. Your UL setup is tits, thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
What I will tell you is this on the memory....I boot at 25mb then it immediately drops to 18mb when UL loads....after that throughout the day I hover around 14-16mb....which IMHO is excellent for this ROM as loaded as it is........I will say this though I am still on the Alpha and when I first loaded it I was at 25mb...then the drop to 16mb and hovered around 10-12mb....this increased to the above numbers after a 2 days of usage....I also added Quickmenu to monitor mb and hibernate as needed....I am not really having to free as often.....maybe once or twice a day, if at all...depends on what I run....just my 2 cents
I will have to look into this and see if I can figure out whats going on bad thing about not having a device to test on cause with the vogue I dont even pay much attention to memory cause I know I always have it.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

[quote=NexVision;382262

I will have to look into this and see if I can figure out whats going on bad thing about not having a device to test on cause with the vogue I dont even pay much attention to memory cause I know I always have it.[/quote]

I should have added I am clocked at 5pp......

....yea sure rub it in!!!!.........lol
Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

leongs is a n00b

Great ROM, my donation is coming to Nex very soon. ?? on HTC Home. Is this disable? I can't load in UL.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker

slidey is a n00b

Fantastic ROM, one thing I noticed Nex,

After a hard reset the theme comes up 'diamond' style, with 'Manila' selected in the Today settings.

In my case, I changed it to WM7ish just to check it out, and upon changing back to Manila, the background image did not revert to the diamond pattern (it stayed on a blue gradient). Tried selecting the Diamond_v2.0b theme, (which isn't formatted quite right on the main screen) then back to Manila again, and it still retained the blue background.

Not a big deal but figured I'd just point it out. I could just replace the background image, but I'm not pro enough to know where to find the diamond background in the WM filesystem....
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidey View Post
Fantastic ROM, one thing I noticed Nex,

After a hard reset the theme comes up 'diamond' style, with 'Manila' selected in the Today settings.

In my case, I changed it to WM7ish just to check it out, and upon changing back to Manila, the background image did not revert to the diamond pattern (it stayed on a blue gradient). Tried selecting the Diamond_v2.0b theme, (which isn't formatted quite right on the main screen) then back to Manila again, and it still retained the blue background.

Not a big deal but figured I'd just point it out. I could just replace the background image, but I'm not pro enough to know where to find the diamond background in the WM filesystem....
Yeah sometimes that happens still havent figured out y.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work

So far the ROM is great...I flashed this one with a 6.5 pp instead of the 7.5 that I used on a1. It could just be a placebo effect but this ROM seems quicker and pretty good on memory....I received my Skyfire download today and so far Skyfire works well with this ROM as does the built-in Opera.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Now maybe I missed the memo somewhere but is anyone else having issues with composing text messages? Its like everytime I start typing it would put the word that I typed next to some random word that pops up out of no where. I turned off word completion since I thought that would help but its still doing it.

For example, if I type "how are you doing today" it would actually come up as "how areare youyou doing todayright" or if I type "so what time do you get off tonight" it would come up as "so what timeare dodo you gettoo offso tonight". Its driving me insane since I text so much and have to go back and delete the extra words before sending. I didn't have a problem with it lastnight when I flashed but now its happening everytime I compose a text

Last edited by themuffinman; 08-14-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Now maybe I missed the memo somewhere but is anyone else having issues with composing text messages? Its like everytime I start typing it would put the word that I typed next to some random word that pops up out of no where. I turned off word completion since I thought that would help but its still doing it.

For example, if I type "how are you doing today" it would actually come up as "how areare youyou doing todayright" or if I type "so what time do you get off tonight" it would come up as "so what timeare dodo you gettoo offso tonight". Its driving me insane since I text so much and have to go back and delete the extra words before sending. I didn't have a problem with it lastnight when I flashed but now its happening everytime I compose a text
Start > Settings > input > inputmethod= touch diamond keyboard hit options > xt9 settings > uncheck next word prediction.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

spanishfusion is a n00b

Does anyone have this same cosmetic issue? Where the plugin bar with the "Explorer, Contacts, Activesync, and Mailbox" is, above it says "The plugin is already active"

Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Thanks, other than that, no issues and love the new ROM. Great job NEX!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Lurker

slidey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishfusion View Post
Does anyone have this same cosmetic issue? Where the plugin bar with the "Explorer, Contacts, Activesync, and Mailbox" is, above it says "The plugin is already active"

Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Thanks, other than that, no issues and love the new ROM. Great job NEX!
Nex posted how to fix that top of p43.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development