PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NexVision's Hybrid

maybe if you guys donated so peoples time were worth spending oh, 20 hours on what you're going to be enjoying for the lifetime of the device they'd be willing to do it.

Honestly, my experience has been I do things that i find useful. I give them away for free because i know people will steal them otherwise. Now if i get money for it, yay that was an extra.

But if ANYONE asked me to continue to support something i no longer find personally useful, you'd better believe there has to be an incentive to do so. I donate a lot of services for free because i like to help others out and can (because of little or no support).

But something like rom building is pretty time intensive, and it's more than a little to ask someone to keep up their builds if they aren't even finding them personally useful.

A good example of this is analogx. The dude makes all kinds of software he finds useful and uses himself. But the community doesn't complain because its good stuff and its worth waiting for updates. Although the guy hasn't released software in a long time, we're not mad at him. We ask for more because he makes quality stuff. But you know what? It's ok, he's a busy dude and its very nice of him to release this stuff to the public.

So have some respect :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
maybe if you guys donated so peoples time were worth spending oh, 20 hours on what you're going to be enjoying for the lifetime of the device they'd be willing to do it.

Honestly, my experience has been I do things that i find useful. I give them away for free because i know people will steal them otherwise. Now if i get money for it, yay that was an extra.

But if ANYONE asked me to continue to support something i no longer find personally useful, you'd better believe there has to be an incentive to do so. I donate a lot of services for free because i like to help others out and can (because of little or no support).

But something like rom building is pretty time intensive, and it's more than a little to ask someone to keep up their builds if they aren't even finding them personally useful.

A good example of this is analogx. The dude makes all kinds of software he finds useful and uses himself. But the community doesn't complain because its good stuff and its worth waiting for updates. Although the guy hasn't released software in a long time, we're not mad at him. We ask for more because he makes quality stuff. But you know what? It's ok, he's a busy dude and its very nice of him to release this stuff to the public.

Great post!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

DAMBRO24 is a n00b

I DONATED .... and now I wish i didnt...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMBRO24 View Post
thats messed up, maybe you should have donated more than your 2 cents? hahaha just playing.

but honestly, haven't you gotten anything out of nex's roms that was worth it? I know i have and still do
Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jokergp is a n00b

I have a question for NexVision i am not trying to call you out or anything but just out of curiouisty Are you even working on the UL ROM????
Old 06-05-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokergp View Post
I have a question for NexVision i am not trying to call you out or anything but just out of curiouisty Are you even working on the UL ROM????
It would be nice to hear from him, but i think he will be waiting till No2 releases 5070 as it will be out soon, and probably the most complete stable upgrade since 5060 which is in the current UL rom.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

I loved the UL Rom. It sucks that he has not released something. He had some excellent Rom's
Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMBRO24 View Post
I was gonna say thanks since my time had freed up some now that I got my crashed servers restored but now BLOW ME whats your paypal id it will be my pleasure to refund your donation as I would rather not have it from someone like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post

Thanx for saying that however my reasons for not putting out any roms right now actually had nothing to do with that but more to do with the fact that in real life I had a very major server crash on one of my machines which affected roughly 75 of my customers and was almost a complete wash on information in the past 3 weeks I have gotten less then 10 hours sleep untill tues night. Not to mention everything in my ROMS is available via kitchen. However there will be something new coming as I have been working on some adjustments and improvements to the UL ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl17 View Post
first of all he has a mogul he himself had anounced that angel had mailed one to him
and yes i maid planty of roms but they all are bad they all have one thing or another incompatibilities that lock up like the keyboard barely working
or what ever
so yes I 25k free but could nt reply to a message even after it took me 5 min to type it up
You have unreal unreasonable expectations and I had no problem answering your questions the first 30 times u asked and now your just mad because I will not give u my phone number to call me you need to grow up I released a ROM on the forums that does not make u my best friend or make me your personal tech support I have no problem helping people who need help but I mean come on im not your pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokergp View Post
Yes I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
It would be nice to hear from him, but i think he will be waiting till No2 releases 5070 as it will be out soon, and probably the most complete stable upgrade since 5060 which is in the current UL rom.
I cant say that im waiting for 5070 but there is something else I am in the process of testing out fully before it goes up and there is still some work to be done.

To everyone sorry I have not been around much but life is taking a real shi*** couple weeks with servers and have not had much more time other then to hover in the chat and help with issues if I can. As any of u can see I havent really done anything for touch either just the one rom since I needed to get mine working. Also havent really seen anything special yet not a big fan of 19588 as I get random slowness and random lockups on bothe titan and Vogue with my test roms. So all I can say is check out the kitchen and see what u can come up with and if your run into a issue I am generally always in the chat hovering to help as are many others.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

agreed... chalk up one more waiting patiently...
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

firegeek is becoming a great contributor

Thanx for the update nex. I know most of us have been waiting patiently. Life is funny, some say life's a *****, i've found it more like we are LIFE'S *****. But dont let the negativity get you down. There are a great many of your supporters here.

E.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development