View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
flyers2114
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: NexVision's Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
maybe if you guys donated so peoples time were worth spending oh, 20 hours on what you're going to be enjoying for the lifetime of the device they'd be willing to do it.

Honestly, my experience has been I do things that i find useful. I give them away for free because i know people will steal them otherwise. Now if i get money for it, yay that was an extra.

But if ANYONE asked me to continue to support something i no longer find personally useful, you'd better believe there has to be an incentive to do so. I donate a lot of services for free because i like to help others out and can (because of little or no support).

But something like rom building is pretty time intensive, and it's more than a little to ask someone to keep up their builds if they aren't even finding them personally useful.

A good example of this is analogx. The dude makes all kinds of software he finds useful and uses himself. But the community doesn't complain because its good stuff and its worth waiting for updates. Although the guy hasn't released software in a long time, we're not mad at him. We ask for more because he makes quality stuff. But you know what? It's ok, he's a busy dude and its very nice of him to release this stuff to the public.

So have some respect :P
Great post!!!