PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

robinsondm is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraygh View Post
Many are making the same assumption you are when first getting the program. NueLED does NOT directly control LEDs.
It redirects their addresses so you can swap one existing function with another.
This means you will not be able to get any color you want (purple) or make it flash faster or both at the same time.
Although I bet NueLED2 will have something along those lines. (No2Chem: Just making sure this makes your top 30 to-do list.
Yeah, the KaiserNotification program does seem to control the LED's directly. That's probably why it can keep the red LED flashing, even though the phone periodically resets address 4 to zero, and why its changes take effect without a reset.

Unfortunately, KN has the wrong LED mapping for us (e.g., it assigns bluetooth to the red/green/amber LED). It also seems to be a memory hog. I saw it using almost 1MB of memory, so I removed it.

It would be nice to have a small-footprint program that gave us more control of the LEDs...

As for programming different colors, I doubt the LEDs can produce more colors than what we've seen -- but I'd love to be proven wrong on that...
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsondm View Post
Yeah, the KaiserNotification program does seem to control the LED's directly. That's probably why it can keep the red LED flashing, even though the phone periodically resets address 4 to zero, and why its changes take effect without a reset.

Unfortunately, KN has the wrong LED mapping for us (e.g., it assigns bluetooth to the red/green/amber LED). It also seems to be a memory hog. I saw it using almost 1MB of memory, so I removed it.

It would be nice to have a small-footprint program that gave us more control of the LEDs...

As for programming different colors, I doubt the LEDs can produce more colors than what we've seen -- but I'd love to be proven wrong on that...
if i get a chance, that is.. IF i will implement the IOCTL_FORCE_LED command, which is what kaiserled uses.

i've had more requests for help with nueminutes though, so it'll have to hold off until then =)
Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

just trying to keep this thread alive and on the first page of threads. hope to see some new led configurations soon.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've been playing with this for a bit now, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the charge light to the bluetooth light. I would like the light to show up solid blue when charging, then green when done. I did re-assign the status light to the bluetooth light already. Can I not assign the others to the bluetooth light if something else is already there?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla

from whatI understand, all nueled does is redirects whichever led is suppose to light up but it cant alter if it stays solid or flashes. and the bluetooth led just flashes it does not stay solid
Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

ok I removed this program from my phone. Now how do you remove the "MyCPL 26" icon in the system/settings menu? I tried file explorer and can't locate it to delete it.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
from whatI understand, all nueled does is redirects whichever led is suppose to light up but it cant alter if it stays solid or flashes. and the bluetooth led just flashes it does not stay solid
unless we can find the address that has a solid blue LED, if it exists
There are many possibilities, if they exist.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I signed up to say thanks for this. I have been using hermled and icnot and it was a little bit of a pain to get everything right. nueLED definitely makes things better. (Thanks to hermled too!)

I am also interested in keeping the blue led on solid. But would it be possible to send less power to lower it's intensity? Like the vibrate mod that lowers the strength of the motor?

Thanks, keep up the good work. I'll donate to this cause.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
I signed up to say thanks for this. I have been using hermled and icnot and it was a little bit of a pain to get everything right. nueLED definitely makes things better. (Thanks to hermled too!)

I am also interested in keeping the blue led on solid. But would it be possible to send less power to lower it's intensity? Like the vibrate mod that lowers the strength of the motor?

Thanks, keep up the good work. I'll donate to this cause.
im not sure how much control over the leds we have, im just interfacing with the real driver. the goal eventually though, would be to replace allleddrvr....

as for a future roadmap, no eta though because i don't know how busy im gonna be:

-implement force_led iocontrol (should be able to keep red light on, etc)
-implement virtual led address table
-figure out how to directly control leds
-notifications
Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint's htc touch,htc mogul,samsung instinct,samsung ace and blackberry 8130
Carrier: sprint

mrtouch is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

hey no2chem great **** bro i just thought id tell you that i use it on the sprint touch and its awsome nomore lame *** green lol great work keep it up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development