PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

westptx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

I have a quick question (couldn't find it on this thread)....
I've been using this rom since ~5048 and I've always had this same problem...perhaps a bug.

When you go to Start -> Settings -> Phone, initially it has some random number (000) 000-XXXX which must be changed your cell # for voicemail (1 on the keypad) to actually call your voicemail. Perhaps this is nitpicky, but once it is set, every time you to to this screen again that same number (000) 000-XXXX is still listed at the top of the screen. The phone works fine but it is just an eyesore to me.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
I'm a NOOB! I downloaded LennySh_No2Chem_5060.exe.

I don't know what to do with it. Could someone please explain to me what I'm supposed to do with this file? Do I need to download any additional programs to flash this rom? Should I download the PPCgeeks kitchen? Is that what I need?

I'm on an extremely slow internet connection (USN ship underway) so If I can flash the rom with this only it would be great.
That was to make No2Chem's Basekit compatible w/ the kitchen prior to the release of the compatible 5060 - i would recommend downloadin the kitchen from ppckitchen.org and use the updater to grab the latest 5060 supported via the kitchen (there's a thread about it, it's even a sticky)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinY17 View Post
Is there a way to get just the threaded messaging function? I upgraded, but ended up going back to the stock WM6 rom. I would love to have the threaded text, but I dont want to lose MMS functionality like most of the apps you can buy
online say you will.
You can always use something like PocketCM which is what i use for contacts/SMS - or the old treo SMS cab that u wont find on this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by westptx View Post
I've been using this rom since ~5048 and I've always had this same problem...perhaps a bug.

When you go to Start -> Settings -> Phone, initially it has some random number (000) 000-XXXX which must be changed your cell # for voicemail (1 on the keypad) to actually call your voicemail. Perhaps this is nitpicky, but once it is set, every time you to to this screen again that same number (000) 000-XXXX is still listed at the top of the screen. The phone works fine but it is just an eyesore to me.
Sounds like you may need ##MSL done, when i goto Start -> Settings -> Phone, it shows the MDN that i have programmed (my phone number)
Old 04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
I'm a NOOB! I downloaded LennySh_No2Chem_5060.exe.

I don't know what to do with it. Could someone please explain to me what I'm supposed to do with this file? Do I need to download any additional programs to flash this rom? Should I download the PPCgeeks kitchen? Is that what I need?

I'm on an extremely slow internet connection (USN ship underway) so If I can flash the rom with this only it would be great.
Here you go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by westptx View Post

check your msid number. probably got erased during the upgrade.
you can check this in no2chems advanced config folder. open the epst config program to check. on sprint you aren't able to call out if this number is wrong... are you on a different carrier?

anyway just search for msid if you need to change it as i don't have a link to the directions handy.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor

i just installed the 5060 and now i cant access any web application

can someone help? thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

go into your extended rom and then install the iota program then go into settings--get settings phone-internet-get settings-start iota

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
ROFLMAO - wow, that was cold man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
check your msid number. probably got erased during the upgrade.
you can check this in no2chems advanced config folder. open the epst config program to check. on sprint you aren't able to call out if this number is wrong... are you on a different carrier?

anyway just search for msid if you need to change it as i don't have a link to the directions handy.
First you will need your MSL code for you phone, second if the MSID was wrong you prolly wouldn't be able to place calls, but if the MDN is wr0ng then your vM key will be incorrect as well as that display where you see the wr0ng number, you can correct the vM dialing manually ... but to correct the MDN you will need to enter ##MSL# or ##778# and edit the Mobile Directory Number to your phone number.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

I know there haven't been any updates in a while, i've been a little busy lately but I have been working on stuff. Don't expect a new rom build too soon until i have finished several tools - so you know what to expect, I'm working on tools to:

-Generate provxmls for packages so you can manually configure packages. There will also be a device version so you can configure registry options on your device on-the-fly.

-List all packages installed and any possibly missing files (which can be used for diagnosis purposes)

-A way to submit bug reports from the device, automatically dumping version and build information, as well as the programs you have installed.

-Something for donators (thanks again to those who donated!).

As usual, if there is a new build, I will make the typical effort to port within 24 hours. I know theres a few small bugs in the rom (sip issue, for example), but many of the problems aren't exactly simple fixes, and I'd rather have more of the configuration options solid before I begin working on them.

As for ETA, I don't want to give a definite answer, but maybe something in the next week or two. It _should_ be worth it.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

As for ETA, I don't want to give a definite answer, but maybe something in the next week or two. It _should_ be worth it.
i dont know what the problem is.. just get moving!! toss back some extra starbucks, some guiness and red bull and get these suckers cranked out!
LOL kidding of course.
i don't think you could pay me to move off my 5054 build. not a single thing wrong with it. (OH, DID I MENTION I CAN NOW ***BEAM** ??)

keep up the great work brother -- your fans do appreciate you...

Last edited by Nickles; 04-09-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/PPC-6800/Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

beyawnko is a n00b

n2o. keep on building. haha. when i get a job. expect some donations.

5060 is amazing (went from 5055), but when these little bugs fixed youll have a da*n near perfect ROM bro. keep up the good work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development