PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation ***Offical n00b Guide to get new Update to Work***

Hey I am starting this thread to solve tons of problems,

OK well first off my config:
-Vista Ultimate
-Mogul with stock Rom and never updated before.

Now, What do i need to make this update work? Please dont just put any information down. Like if i need a boot loader please explain how to obtain one and a link if you can and how to enable it.

Basically this would be a guide for someone who has no idea (i.e. ME) lol, and yes i did read all the 50+ pages and we just need a guide that compiles all the information into one thread.

THANKS

SO far all i got was this guide:
http://www.modaco.com/content/Window...ltimate-guide/

PS. Best and most complete post i will edit and place in this post for quick reference for all the users/

EDIT********************************************** ************************************************** ************************

Here's how to get your MSL Unlock Code to edit the settings found under "Dialer Codes" (##code#)#) mentioned earlier.
0. Download GetSPC http://rapidshare.com/files/86837140/GetSPC.zip

Instructions:
1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device.
2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code".

INSTALL FROM MEMORY CARD********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
To do this there are 3 steps:

First take the .exe file and open it with winrar (its a program, google it). There will be a file 3.16.nbh extract that and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh

Next format a microSD card with FAT 32 (required most are fat16 default) and copy the file TITAIMG.nbh to the root of the sd card(the main page, not inside ANY folders) with a card reader.

Finally place sdcard in device and reset into bootloader mode (HOLD POWER, CAMERA AND HIT RESET AT SAME TIME). The flash will proceed from the SD card and it should work fine. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mastanthony89; 02-05-2008 at 03:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard
Before you do anything you need to make sure you have your Mobile Device Number and MSID. The update has wiped this clear for some users.

Dial ##778#
Click View
On the View info screen, write down your ESN(Hex)
At the bottom where it says View Info go to NAM Settings
Write down your Mobile Directory Number and MSID (these both may be the same as your phone number, but the MSID might be different in some cases)

If you need to re-enter this and you don't have your MSL, use your ESN(Hex) and GetSPC to get your MSL.

Last edited by LoungeLizard; 01-26-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Spelling like a buffoon
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
A word of wisdom to the noobs:

Be patient.

One of the things that seem to be weirding out some folks during the upgrade process is that it hangs at about 11% done... there's nothing wrong. This is NOT a typical ROM upgrade.

What the upgrade has been doing during the time from 0 - 11% is updating the SPL (it'll now say 2.40). After it updates the SPL it has to reboot the device in order to load the the actual new ROM.

That's why the numbering on this upgrade is 3.XX as opposed to the 2.XX ROMs... this is a MAJOR update that is not only updating the OS and radio, but also the SPL and other sections of the firmware.

I did the upgrade this morning from a normal 2.17 ROM and it went through the first time without a hitch. Couldn't have been smoother
Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
Before you do anything you need to make sure you have your Mobile Device Number and MSID. The update has wiped this clear for some users.

Dial ##778#
Click View
On the View info screen, write down your ESN(Hex)
At the bottom where it says View Info go to NAM Settings
Write down your Mobile Directory Number and MSID (these both may be the same as your phone number, but the MSID might be different in some cases)

If you need to re-enter this and you don't have your MSL, use your ESN(Hex) and GetSPC to get your MSL.
I tried that and ##778 + dial and both actually connect and the operator says number not in service I figured I should get a different screen but......

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I tried that and ##778 + dial and both actually connect and the operator says number not in service I figured I should get a different screen but......
"##778#" no dial.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
mcoope3

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I tried to find the GetSPC program awhile back and it seemed as though the links to it in archived posts were all expired/broken. Any new links to download GetSPC?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Grab it below

http://rapidshare.com/files/86837140/GetSPC.zip
Old 01-26-2008, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostToys View Post
"##778#" no dial.

I'm running DCD's 1.6.10 and I bet the smartdialer I cooked into it is the issue.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (Mogul/XV6800)
Carrier: VZW

n00bmanEXE is a n00b
try "##778" and make sure the smartdialer doesn't change the number
Old 01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Here's a stupid tip for people like me (I wish I had read it) If you guys use GetSPC, that program runs from you PHONE not from your COMPUTER . I was getting mad at it for not working

And make sure you enter your ESN with all CAPS for the letters otherwise it will spit out a different value.

But you definitely want to do this BEFORE you flash your phone, so that you can have all these values if it nukes your settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development