View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Mastanthony89
PPCGeeks Regular

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation ***Offical n00b Guide to get new Update to Work***

Hey I am starting this thread to solve tons of problems,

OK well first off my config:
-Vista Ultimate
-Mogul with stock Rom and never updated before.

Now, What do i need to make this update work? Please dont just put any information down. Like if i need a boot loader please explain how to obtain one and a link if you can and how to enable it.

Basically this would be a guide for someone who has no idea (i.e. ME) lol, and yes i did read all the 50+ pages and we just need a guide that compiles all the information into one thread.

THANKS

SO far all i got was this guide:
http://www.modaco.com/content/Window...ltimate-guide/

PS. Best and most complete post i will edit and place in this post for quick reference for all the users/

EDIT********************************************** ************************************************** ************************

Here's how to get your MSL Unlock Code to edit the settings found under "Dialer Codes" (##code#)#) mentioned earlier.
0. Download GetSPC http://rapidshare.com/files/86837140/GetSPC.zip

Instructions:
1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device.
2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code".

INSTALL FROM MEMORY CARD********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
To do this there are 3 steps:

First take the .exe file and open it with winrar (its a program, google it). There will be a file 3.16.nbh extract that and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh

Next format a microSD card with FAT 32 (required most are fat16 default) and copy the file TITAIMG.nbh to the root of the sd card(the main page, not inside ANY folders) with a card reader.

Finally place sdcard in device and reset into bootloader mode (HOLD POWER, CAMERA AND HIT RESET AT SAME TIME). The flash will proceed from the SD card and it should work fine. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mastanthony89; 02-05-2008 at 03:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.