PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (Titan)
Carrier: Telecom NZ

messor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Titan (TNZ) Best &/OR Simplest upgrade

So, I have an old HTC Titan with WM5 lying around and saw these forums, wondered if it was worth trying. I have done a few modifications before, however i am slightly embarrassed to admit i'm a little confused here. Could someone please explain to me:
1. What is the simplest (or stablest if needed) ROM to install, full featured etc.
2. As the phone is basically retired I probably won't reconnect it to TNZ, do I still need the radio rom and to retrieve those settings? (I only want it for WiFi and apps really)
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: HTC Titan (TNZ) Best &/OR Simplest upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by messor View Post
So, I have an old HTC Titan with WM5 lying around and saw these forums, wondered if it was worth trying. I have done a few modifications before, however i am slightly embarrassed to admit i'm a little confused here. Could someone please explain to me:
1. What is the simplest (or stablest if needed) ROM to install, full featured etc.
2. As the phone is basically retired I probably won't reconnect it to TNZ, do I still need the radio rom and to retrieve those settings? (I only want it for WiFi and apps really)
I ran Mattsm Titan 21893 for quite some time. It is a full featured Rom with tons of goodies. If you were going to use on TNZ, I believe you are going to want to find a Rom for that carrier.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

messor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
I ran Mattsm Titan 21893 for quite some time. It is a full featured Rom with tons of goodies. If you were going to use on TNZ, I believe you are going to want to find a Rom for that carrier.
Its a CDMA cell and CDMA is being retired next year, so I might just use it for wifi. That said, do I still need to flash the radio?
EDIT: Can i use a verizon/sprint/etc rom on a TNZ handset? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

messor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by messor View Post
Its a CDMA cell and CDMA is being retired next year, so I might just use it for wifi. That said, do I still need to flash the radio?
EDIT: Can i use a verizon/sprint/etc rom on a TNZ handset? Thanks!
meh, doublepost...sue me.
Could someone pretty please direct me to a tutorial for the ESN stuff.
Sprint Vision is beginning to annoy me as im on TNZ, and ##DATA# doesn't work.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

If your device is unlocked, you should be able to flash what you want. No, you won't need a radio upgrade to use with WiFi.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

Actually - you may need to do a radio upgrade in order to flash certain roms - although I could be wrong - but seeing as your Titan has WinMo 5, if I were you I would do the stock upgrade from the HTC site first
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Well, that is a thought too. You do need a GPS radio to flash some Roms... nice catch Cobaltikus!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

messor is a n00b

Thanks for the help guys.
After reading up on the subject, i've finally finished unlocking and flashing the device. I quite like the mattsm rom so i'm sticking with that. One thing though, someone should make a 'noob' thread somewhere explaining terms, pitfalls and perhaps a few tutorials. I had to trawl numerous forums to find answers to various problems and the xda-developers wiki is broken, seemingly beyond repair (Only one of the titan pages, the main page, is accessible)
Anyways, now that i've put my two cents in...back to work
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Well, that is a good suggestion. What questions did you have as a new user? If we had the questions that a new user is wondering, we could put together a list of answers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development