PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

srrobinson2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Worked like a champ! (I hope they don't notice the upgraded radio v1.40 as I couldn't find the stock version

Maybe I spoke too soon. I performed the initial programming with Verizon, and it displayed SPL unlocked. Any thoughts?

Last edited by srrobinson2; 12-19-2007 at 12:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ViPaDawG is just getting started
just relocked my launch mogul due to random restart issues since I have a replacement mogul coming, can't wait to unlock that one!

thanks for all the work guys!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul (6800)
Carrier: sprint

gangsterholla179 is a n00b
wait im new n i just wanna kno wat this means
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

this program will reapply the stock bootloader that comes with the phone. the UNlocker applies the custom bootloader which then in turn allows custom roms and cooked roms to be uploaded to the phone, something you cannot do with the stock bootloader, and so if for some reason you need to have your phone serviced or just dont want them to give you a reason to deny you having warranty stuff done, not to say that they wont, because most times they themselves wont notice.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i had this cutom bootloader installed.. then i flashed my p4000 with telus's WM6 official upgrade.. that changed my bootloader back to stock one.. so does this mean flashing with telus's wm6 did the same thing?
Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

this is not the custom bootloder. this is the UNDO for custom bootloader. and installing roms do NOT change the bootloader.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
this is not the custom bootloder. this is the UNDO for custom bootloader. and installing roms do NOT change the bootloader.
before installing telus's wm6 update, in the bootloader mode i had oilpro bootloader.
after i installed telus wm6 i am back to telus's original bootloader. have not done anything else :S
Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

how do you know you are in the telus bootloader once you have installed the rom?

you will know you are in the bootloader if you hold power + camera and hit the soft reboot, it should take you to the olipro bootloader, if that doesnt, then maybe the telus rom does uninstall the bootloader. i'm not an expert in how they work, but afaik i didnt think rom updates update bootloaders.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
A normal shipped rom update "EXE" would change the bootloader, but the Olipro version is specially made not to be overwritten so it doesn't need to be unlocked multiple times. This is why i made the special relocker for the Titan. If your device never said 1.20.Olipro it was not fully unlocked though and that could be why it went back.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

this is what i did.

I ran unlocker.
it said it unlocked.
i did a soft reset .
then i booted it in bootloader mode. it said 1.20.Oilpro.
I loaded telus wm5 from ftp.
used it for half a day.. then decided to go back to wm6.
then i flashed with telus wm6 update.
now i have stock telus bootloader.

Nothing wrong there.. just curious if it is supposed to go that.. or may be i ran relocker and did not know what i was doing.. :S

So if i have stock radio 1.32.. stock telus wm6 rom and stock bootloader.. and i send it to telus for repairs covered by warranty .. will they be able to find out that i was playing around with the rom??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development