PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: missed calls/missed SMS/etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Have you tried a different phone to see if it works? or your planning on leaving sprint?
I would be forced to probably go to verizon or something. the sucky thing about that is no google integration that I know of and that my company has over 20% discounts on AT&T and sprint, but not verizon.

to try a different phone, I would have to buy a different phone and probably pay $35 to switch back and forth to the phone or whatever that silly charge is. The only other phone I have available is the TP2 and when I had that the most the phone ever rang was twice before going to VM.

Last edited by revaaron; 12-22-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Call sprint and complain.
I have been lately. but
Sprint-Nextel customers: squeaky wheel gets the -- termination? - Boing Boing
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
odin a modem on your own.
I'm running the stock EI22. If sprint has released something like this stock, should that mean that it should work on their network? It fully seems that sprint is almost completely unable to locate me before the calls go to VM. txts too come in bunches sometimes days after they are sent.

To get the call from google integration to come through, I had to (after every call from google voice failing) call *2 which on the epic does things like check the voice and data connections. once I did that, the call from google integration came through.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I'm running the stock EI22. If sprint has released something like this stock, should that mean that it should work on their network? It fully seems that sprint is almost completely unable to locate me before the calls go to VM. txts too come in bunches sometimes days after they are sent.

To get the call from google integration to come through, I had to (after every call from google voice failing) call *2 which on the epic does things like check the voice and data connections. once I did that, the call from google integration came through.
if your using gv thats your issue and it needs to be completely removed from phone AND PC. pm me if you got issues doing it from pc. i swear i had same issue but i didnt see where you said you were using gv till now.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

No no no no no. I only turned on gv because people were calling me like 30 times and I would have no clue that they called. With gv integration, at least I know that people called me. Originally, I just turned on the gv part, but realized that people weren't waiting until vm was hit so I turned on full gvi so at least I would know when people called me. So
No gv = people calling me, my phone almost never ringing and me having no clue about it
With gv vim forward = people calling me, my phone almost never ringing, but I know when they call me and hit vm after 5-6 rings
With full gvi = people calling me, my phone almost never ringing, but gv sending me emails for ever missed call and voicemail.

When my phone does ring, it rings between .5 and 2 times while the people on the other end hear 5-6 rings.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

like I said in the other thread, my phone (the replacement) crapped out on me.
So I now have an app called talkatone for gv on my iPad and it immediately rings. it is awesome, but I feel like zack morris.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

so... the newest refurb they forgot to put all the clips on the screen so it's like a springboard... guess I'll go get phone #4.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G