PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: missed calls/missed SMS/etc...

nope.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
nope.
then dont blame sprint, go try some modems and update profile/prl. its not really hard to try and fix minor issues on your own and if you need help ask or pm me.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ok, don't blame sprint for an issue that has been happening on the last 2 phones I have owned? Plus is now happening to the baby momma's new iphone 4s on sprint?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:28 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
ok, don't blame sprint for an issue that has been happening on the last 2 phones I have owned? Plus is now happening to the baby momma's new iphone 4s on sprint?
im saying on epic it can be modem and is a easy fix to try, tp2 was also same easy fix but iphony is her fault for buying and i dont mess with them things nor did i see it mentioned till now. all this posting it could be fixed by now.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I will do the update things, but the modem I get from flashing whatever ROM. It seems that the whole issue is that sprint's call and text routing is somehow unable to locate my phone within 5-6 rings before it goes to voicemail.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

so I went to the store and the guy said "I could basically do a factory reset like you just did or order you a replacement or you can upgrade"
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

HOLY $@#$@#%, I missed about 30 calls yesterday and only know about the ones that went to google voicemail. I just turned back on google integration so I can forward calls to my computer/ipad. ridiculous!

The last step to turning on google integration is google calls you... if too like 10 times click "call me now" before my phone rang and it only rang once I called tech support first.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

So I probably have to ditch my epic and sprint. I get almost none of my phone calls coming through. SMS's are messed up like the other thread.
Sunday, go into store 2 different repair centers. "we can hard reset which you just did, order you the same phone as a replacement, sell you a new phone". I choose the replacement.
Tuesday, go into get my replacement phone. Get to my car and realize that the menu key doesn't work. Sprint calls me a bunch of times. All which go to VM and never ring my phone. So I call them back, get to tech support. They have me hard reset to see if that fixes the issue. To humor them, I did it. The steps they gave me didn't work.
1) dial ##78#
2) select Reset
3) dial 228032
4) click on and select yes to reset
I ended up calling ##78# and looking online... nothing about these steps anywhere.
So I hard reset from what the sprint site says.
And they call me back which of course I don't get cause it doesn't ring my phone.
I call back and the person looks up my info and tells me to go into a store as soon as I can cause the techs wont be able to help me.

If you don't know, I have to be available 24/7 as the back up to turning off a transmitter which acts up mostly in the winter time. That means at usually 6am, I have to turn it on or off when someone calls me. FCC fine on a transmitter left on is very high.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Have you tried a different phone to see if it works? or your planning on leaving sprint?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 AM
acs tester

Quote:
I will do the update things, but the modem I get from flashing whatever ROM. It seems that the whole issue is that sprint's call and text routing is somehow unable to locate my phone within 5-6 rings before it goes to voicemail.
odin a modem on your own.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G