PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 11:58 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
well here i come. first off all i wanna say hello to all the old crowd in this forum. gten , johnny bravo , shane , masetas and all the other good guys on here as well... and happy thanks giving and happy hollydays.. i havent been on here in a while now.. now iam tired of bouncing around from one forum to another looking for a official GB for the new EI22 or what ever the newest $hit out there. but i just can find anything? any sugestions on what to get? iam running rooted EC05 and iam tired saying this notice about new update EI22 eveytime i made a phone call or simply pops out out of now here... LOL...a nd i cant do nothing cuz iam rooted. so i just rather get or wait for an official EI22 GB or any good ROM running on EI22.. damnnnnnnn iam tired i cant even type right. LOL.....
Well, I'm out of the country until January so I can't really help with pointing you to a custom GB ROM because I haven't been able to use my Epic for awhile, but if you look up to post #157 you'll see where gTen posted a link to the official EI22 update. Its the stock ROM from Sprint, loaded with all the bloatware you would expect from our beloved carrier, but at least you can say you have official Gingerbread.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:21 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I've between running the era rom for a week or two. Flawless and fast!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147957

[ROM][EI22][ERA] Legendary ROM RC1 | NoCIQ - 11/22

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post

thanks il give that a try as well .. and the other official GB if i can find the post that johnny told me.. but see i know how to upgrade to EI22 if i return my phone back to stock EC05 and install the update zip after. the thing is i dont know if there is a new root with clockwork for this new EI22 release that works.... if there is does anyone had a link for it? what about this ACS recovery. i have been looking for the ACS recovery on like 5 different forums..and i had no luck.. even though i dont know if ACS recovery its EI22 compatible or if there is a compatible root for it.

Last edited by latinlover515; 11-24-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:17 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
thanks il give that a try as well .. and the other official GB if i can find the post that johnny told me.. but see i know how to upgrade to EI22 if i return my phone back to stock EC05 and install the update zip after. the thing is i dont know if there is a new root with clockwork for this new EI22 release that works.... if there is does anyone had a link for it? what about this ACS recovery. i have been looking for the ACS recovery on like 5 different forums..and i had no luck.. even though i dont know if ACS recovery its EI22 compatible or if there is a compatible root for it.
Head over to xda or ACSyndicate and PM Shane. He joined ACS a few months ago and doesn't spend a lot of time here anymore, but if there is an ACS recovery he should be able to help you find it.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Also check the Epic 4G development section. djgallis has started several threads overviewing the latest EI22 options. Most of them come with root, ACS recovery or latest CWM5, no CIQ, and other essentials already baked in. Practically all of them are flashable if you have CWM3.x or later. You can odin the EI22 modem or get it OTA from Sprint in the official OTA release and take it from there.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
Also check the Epic 4G development section. djgallis has started several threads overviewing the latest EI22 options. Most of them come with root, ACS recovery or latest CWM5, no CIQ, and other essentials already baked in. Practically all of them are flashable if you have CWM3.x or later. You can odin the EI22 modem or get it OTA from Sprint in the official OTA release and take it from there.

ok but if i return my phone to stock EC05 and wait for the OTA update aand install the update can i root my phone with the CWM 3.1.0.1 ? thats the last one i have been using for the past 2 months now. i dont know if CWM 3.1.0.1 will work on the EI22 or wich version of CWM should i get...
Old 11-25-2011, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wink Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post

hey gullzway thanks.. this ROM its insane. its got everything a ROM should have.. too bad they removed think office.. but i have the app some where no biggy. but everything else its preatty good and it comes with awesome apps. well at least for my needs. everything else that i need i just gett it from market.. but other then that great job on this ROM it runs fast and smooth..
Old 11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Quote:
ok but if i return my phone to stock EC05 and wait for the OTA update aand install the update can i root my phone with the CWM 3.1.0.1 ? thats the last one i have been using for the past 2 months now. i dont know if CWM 3.1.0.1 will work on the EI22 or wich version of CWM should i get...
CWM3.1 works with EI22. NP. The ACS CWM version works even better. It's an easy install over stock and you can search for a video how-to on ACS or XDA. QBKing has one. There's also a newer CWM5 that I haven't needed to try yet.
And yes, after you install any CMW on EI22 you can flash root if you don't have it.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
CWM3.1 works with EI22. NP. The ACS CWM version works even better. It's an easy install over stock and you can search for a video how-to on ACS or XDA. QBKing has one. There's also a newer CWM5 that I haven't needed to try yet.
And yes, after you install any CMW on EI22 you can flash root if you don't have it.
well WanderingMinstrel i had no luck. this is what i did. went to full stock EC05 waited for the OTA update to EI22 installed succesfully. and i tryed rooting using CWM3.1.0.1 one click rooting and it wont go.. so i dont know if the one click rooting its the wrong method or if i should get a CWM3.1 that flashes on odin or who knows. wich rooting method do i need for rooting the EI22?
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

LL, I'm a long way from being an expert. Everything I know I learned from Darren in a near all-nighter and from watching the QBKing videos he pointed me at. But I have actually learned enough to be semi-dangerous. So here's what I suggest:

Your best option is probably to odin an EI22 rom that has CWM and root already built in.

If you don't want to do that, for general background on CWM installation and rooting, go here and look for a video how-to that fits your needs:
[ACS] [HOW TO] Root, Flash Roms/Kernels/Themes, CWM, and update! (69 videos) 9/22/11
QBKing is the greatest!

After you've browsed around there, go here to get the newest (I think) CWM:
[RECOVERY][CWM][ODIN] ACSRecovery 1.0.0.5 CWM4 Based Public Beta
There's a how-to video right on the OP.

Once you have that installed, you can flash your root from the following file after you dl it and copy it to your storage card:
su zip: http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...fgh-signed.zip

If anyone else can improve on the above, please feel free to chime in.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G