PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bought My Epic... Here I come people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you guys really need to use bonsai unlocker.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...g-rooting.html
Iwas going to use that but then I had to sign up. and didn't have the patience to start one.

I however spent hours researching and watching videos to learn how to unlock this phone. lmao

Im strange but I accept it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Iwas going to use that but then I had to sign up. and didn't have the patience to start one.

I however spent hours researching and watching videos to learn how to unlock this phone. lmao

Im strange but I accept it.
lol, its very worth signing up cause there roms are sweet also and lots of cool shit coming soon. sign up while your watching one of your vids. lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, its very worth signing up cause there roms are sweet also and lots of cool shit coming soon. sign up while your watching one of your vids. lol
I signed up at Bonsai and dl'ed that master key, but haven't tried it yet. I'm just trying to figure out how you can get any easier than the one click root we've been using since the release of the Epic. I'm gonna try it and see when I flash an EE03 rom here soon.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I signed up at Bonsai and dl'ed that master key, but haven't tried it yet. I'm just trying to figure out how you can get any easier than the one click root we've been using since the release of the Epic. I'm gonna try it and see when I flash an EE03 rom here soon.
trust me bro, it gets easier.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just bought my new epic and I flashed the swiss cheese rom before I activated it.

When Sprint went to go activate it We kept on getting an error 67 registration error.

I flashed straight from stock just like what was done on the video. Do I have to activate my phone prior to flashing roms? Should this be an issue?

Can someone help me Im kind of stuck here now? I will try to odin back to stock but I can't until my cable comes in the mail friday.

Does anyone have any solutions.

Me and the sprint rep dialed the ##3282# number. When we went to go to edit msl we kept on getting an invalid lock key. I dont remember what exactly we typed into the msl box.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Gten,

Im curious can you flash a ef02 modem on a ec05 rom.

Also Does doing a wipe data/factory reset, remove things like a custom kernal or modem. And the rom installs them?

Would a rom overide a kernal or modem on the previous rom? Could that cause any problems? What is the proper procedure?

Also Going from an ECo5 to an EF02 rom will be fine as long as I use CWM3.1.0.1 because it converts the files for me right?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:41 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Gten,

Im curious can you flash a ef02 modem on a ec05 rom.
Yes

Quote:
Also Does doing a wipe data/factory reset, remove things like a custom kernal or modem. And the rom installs them?
No

Quote:
Would a rom overide a kernal or modem on the previous rom? Could that cause any problems? What is the proper procedure?
Depends on the rom...if its a standalone rom then no, but some roms are bundled with their own kernels. And stock roms have kernel, roms and modem package.

Quote:
Also Going from an ECo5 to an EF02 rom will be fine as long as I use CWM3.1.0.1 because it converts the files for me right?
How do you plan to flash EF02 rom? If you odin it you will automatically be converted to RFS.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes

No

Depends on the rom...if its a standalone rom then no, but some roms are bundled with their own kernels. And stock roms have kernel, roms and modem package.

How do you plan to flash EF02 rom? If you odin it you will automatically be converted to RFS.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will Odin to the ef02 rom. and thanks

I think thats it for now. haha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G