PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JUSTinOC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to Root after odin?

Kinda fustrated. My speaker blew on my Epic 4G. So after googling it, found out it was common on this phone. Sprint just replaced the phones.

Me being rooted and on Syndicates Frozen ROM decided to unroot back to stock using odin. Do so for a day (let it update to EC05), and then take it to Sprint. Of course! The just replace the speaker! Fine. I can deal with that, I'll just re-root it. NOPE!

Tried doing it the same way I did before (One click way stickied here) on the same PC with no luck. Tried multiple cables, reboots, etc. No luck.

So I search youtube and found QBKING77's video showing how to root without a pc (just using the phone). Still won't work.

Can ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!? I feel like I'm screwed until I have to get a new phone. I'm on EC05.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

JUSTinOC is a n00b
Re: Unable to Root after odin?

Nevermind. Got it. Took going through odin again back to stock (eclair instead of EC05 for some reason) and a few more tries. Wierd.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Glad you got it working

Moved

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP
Carrier: VERIZON

AAB9562 is a n00b

HI i just an epic 4g and i try every website and every way possible to root the phone i have an evo and i rooted easily and unrooted too. but for some reason with this epic im having such a hard time. i download it the right drivers , the sdk, and the one click zip that is supposed to root the phone . from every website i get the file once im running that it give me an error . rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin not found or missing. and i am not able to root the phone i have tried a lot of web sites and download it the file but i keep getting the same error can someone help me root my epic. i will appreciate that. thank you
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAB9562 View Post
HI i just an epic 4g and i try every website and every way possible to root the phone i have an evo and i rooted easily and unrooted too. but for some reason with this epic im having such a hard time. i download it the right drivers , the sdk, and the one click zip that is supposed to root the phone . from every website i get the file once im running that it give me an error . rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin not found or missing. and i am not able to root the phone i have tried a lot of web sites and download it the file but i keep getting the same error can someone help me root my epic. i will appreciate that. thank you
You don't really need the sdk, all stuff come bundle in the zip except the drivers..anyways..whats going on is your antivirus is quarantines the rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin file...unzip it and tell your AV to leave that file alone..
Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am having similar issues... i cant root no matter what i try. ive tried oneclickroot, z4root, and gingerbreak. im on stock 2.2.1, maybe i should try flashing back to a older rom? how would i go about doing this?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
I am having similar issues... i cant root no matter what i try. ive tried oneclickroot, z4root, and gingerbreak. im on stock 2.2.1, maybe i should try flashing back to a older rom? how would i go about doing this?
you can use Odin...or you can go to EB13 using the EB13 tool...
Old 05-20-2011, 02:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

guys/.gals having issues rooting i just posted a new simple to use unlocker/root method, it works very smooth. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...imple-use.html
Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Cricket

jaronow is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
guys/.gals having issues rooting i just posted a new simple to use unlocker/root method, it works very smooth. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...imple-use.html
That is right, bonsai unlocker will take care of it regardless of which os you run and anti virus software doesn't detect it as a virus either. Very painless rooting

Sent From My Epic Bonsai Tree

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G