PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: I think I bricked my epic lol :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
It really is light for the size, so it was due to UVing?
No one knows the cause as of now...but when I went to power down....instant brick...lol
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I just woke up and was reading xda and saw someone post about visionkernel 1.2 causing bricks...since I was having a few issues I figured I'd go back to genocide kernel...so I go to my phone..hold power button and shit it down..then hoping to start up going into recovery...then my phone doesn't turn back on lol
I found this on xda-developers. I hope this helps you out.

[acs][how-to]hardware reset - xda-developers

I dont know where this belongs but can it be stickied in the right spot.

This will help you recover from a true birck

true brick = phone will not power up, no leds lighting up. Your phone trully dose nothing

Ive used this method 3 times so far and have been able to recover. I can not GUARANTEE this will work 100% of the time. My guess is it depends on the cause of the brick. (for me it was some alpha builds of the twilight kernel. sorry tanimn)

1) make sure your phone is powered off (if your bricked you dont need to worry about this)

2) remove the battery door

3) look beneith the silver camera bezel on the left hand side. youll see a tinyu hole that dosnt look like much

4) insert a ball point pen or bent paper clip inside of the hole and apply some pressure (not to much)

5)hold for 10-15 seconds ( longer if you like )

6) boot the phone directly to dl mode

7) odin ec05 or any stock rom you desire. ( make sure its the full tar ).

Please don't forget to thank me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Its already been tried..this brick is the 1 brick that will rule them all...the reset method was mentioned due to this brick..

There is 0 hope of recovery..at this point all we can hope for is to figure out what the cause of it is...right now the biggest finger is being pointed at UV ram..but it can be a number of things...it can be multiple things coinciding together..thats just how these things go...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
No one knows the cause as of now...but when I went to power down....instant brick...lol
Well, at least you have a replacement coming. Hey gTen why no TEP? Shit happens!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its already been tried..this brick is the 1 brick that will rule them all...the reset method was mentioned due to this brick..

There is 0 hope of recovery..at this point all we can hope for is to figure out what the cause of it is...right now the biggest finger is being pointed at UV ram..but it can be a number of things...it can be multiple things coinciding together..thats just how these things go...
When I read your post I decided to to remove Vision 1.2 from my phone and reflash back to the newest Genocide kernal.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
Well, at least you have a replacement coming. Hey gTen why no TEP? Shit happens!
Cause I dont go to the bathroom..ever..lol...

Overall though I have yet to break a phone and had rather good luck with them..This year just has been bad overall with a bunch of things happening...my instincts told me to flash back to genocide but I didnt listen :/

Either way in WORST case I can send it to Samsung for replacement..I hear they are very good at replacing the phones unlike some other 3 letter company...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I decided to live on the wild side and I reloaded Vision 1.2 Back on my phone. Just for kicks.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I considered the Epic when I left WinMo... The funny thing is that I didn't go with the Epic because it IS a brick.
Now yours not oly looks like one but acts like one....
Sorry to hear that bro.
p.
Wait the Evo/Epic size demensions are almost identical with the Evo being .5 oz Heavier.

EPIC Dimensions:
4.90 x 2.54 x 0.56 (124 x 65 x 14 mm)
Weight:
5.46 oz (155 g)

EVO Dimensions:
4.80 x 2.60 x 0.50 (122 x 66 x 13 mm)
Weight:
6.00 oz (170 g)
Old 04-22-2011, 07:34 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

You probably tried this, but when I thought My Epic was bricked this worked.

The only way it would go into download mode was to pull the battery, hold 1 and the power button while inserting the battery.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

wow i had the bonsai rm myself ........... but i was having issues and i left it and went to midnight ........ this sux ... i know all u can do is laugh at this if it happens to ur phone ..... but damn this sux lol .......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G