PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: I think I bricked my epic lol :/

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bargain-tr...t-epic-4g.html lol

if ya need it i can get it replaced no questions asked.

[acs][how-to]hardware reset - xda-developers thought this was cool too.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-20-2011 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bargain-tr...t-epic-4g.html lol

if ya need it i can get it replaced no questions asked.

[acs][how-to]hardware reset - xda-developers thought this was cool too.
Yeah we had a HUGE discussion on XDA about the causes..there is no fix for it atm...its a complete brick..my only regret though is not knowing or not able to put the brick to any use..aka no one knows what the cause is..and apparently bonsai 4.1 had the same issue before...

I'm gonna see if I can go to a sprint store and see if they replace it..(probably 35$ since i dont have TEP)..if they dont,ill msg ya..or if I take it to a sprint store they'll flag me?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Wink Re: I think I bricked my epic lol :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.8820 View Post
wirelessly posted (wp7 beta tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 7.0; windows phone os 7.0; trident/3.1; iemobile/7.0; htc; hd7))

...file an insurance claim and downgrade to an arrive :d
fify!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

how do you think they're going to replace it for $35 and you don't have tep?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
how do you think they're going to replace it for $35 and you don't have tep?
Its up to the technician...from what I hear they just give you a new one and send old one to the manufacturer for warranty...but again..its up to the technician..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Same issue here.....replacement will be here tomorrow....shit happens!!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Aww dang you too? I'm on ACS but I'm glad I stuck with the original kernel.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I considered the Epic when I left WinMo... The funny thing is that I didn't go with the Epic because it IS a brick.
Now yours not oly looks like one but acts like one....
Sorry to hear that bro.
p.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
Aww dang you too? I'm on ACS but I'm glad I stuck with the original kernel.
So far Genocide is my favorite one..had issues with the original kernel too...touchscreen would got weird when charging like one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I considered the Epic when I left WinMo... The funny thing is that I didn't go with the Epic because it IS a brick.
Now yours not oly looks like one but acts like one....
Sorry to hear that bro.
p.
nah..Epic isnt a brick..it aint even a good paperweight....(cause its so light) lol

But it happens...Epic is really hard to brick but when playing with UV and OC anything is possible...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
nah..Epic isnt a brick..it aint even a good paperweight....(cause its so light) lol

But it happens...Epic is really hard to brick but when playing with UV and OC anything is possible...
It really is light for the size, so it was due to UVing?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G