PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone want to say "to hell" with 2.2.1, give us 2.2.2?

you have to use the phone, otherwise it's not under TEP.
My sales rep told my GF to activate a broken phone and use it for a few weeks then bring it in as broken.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:36 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
you have to use the phone, otherwise it's not under TEP.
My sales rep told my GF to activate a broken phone and use it for a few weeks then bring it in as broken.
I've did a TEP on an ebay phone same day...its no big deal..all they check is if its on your line and has TEP..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

well ain't that a fine kettle of fish.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I agree that Sammy needs to step up and get some better support going, but we have a great dev community supporting it, so I don't really feel like I'm missing anything.
Funny, I remember when I had my TP2 and everyone was pissed at HTC and Sprint for taking so long to release WinMo 6.5 upgrade. It aint just Sammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
yo jb,
bad news for ya! supposedly they are taking away the yearly upgrades on april 1st. if you havent qualified by then, supposedly, thy arent grandfathering anybody in.
Not taking it away, just changing the criteria. Quoting CNet:

"After April 1, however, the Premier membership will be split into Gold and Silver memberships. Gold members are either customers who've been around for more than 10 years, or those who pay at least $89.99 a month for an individual plan and at least $169.99 a month for a family plan. Gold members will be eligible for all of the same benefits as the previous Premier customers. However, those who don't meet those minimum requirements will be downgraded to a Silver membership. Silver members will no longer qualify for the annual early upgrade; they will have to wait at least 22 months into a two-year contract. Other benefits remain the same."

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver

Lucky me, I have the best of both worlds, a SERO customer who's been with Sprint more than 10 years....SERO Premium Premier Gold!

Last edited by kirstein; 01-28-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I got my first phone in spring 1999 from sprint, but it was through Radio Shack so they refuse to accept that as the date. The date they use is either 2000 or 2001, I forget. must be 2000 cause they have me as a 10 year already.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I got my first phone in spring 1999 from sprint, but it was through Radio Shack so they refuse to accept that as the date. The date they use is either 2000 or 2001, I forget. must be 2000 cause they have me as a 10 year already.
Just looked it up, I bought my first Sprint phone, (a Q-Phone) in January 1998. The phone cost $589 with tax, and the service was $30 a month. I'd say that Sprint is a better bargain now than it was in 1998. Their phones are way better too!

Anyway, to get back on topic, how about to hell with 2.2.1, give us 2.3?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Are you guys sure they are even doing premiere for legacy and employee plans?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Just looked it up, I bought my first Sprint phone, (a Q-Phone) in January 1998. The phone cost $589 with tax, and the service was $30 a month. I'd say that Sprint is a better bargain now than it was in 1998. Their phones are way better too!

Anyway, to get back on topic, how about to hell with 2.2.1, give us 2.3?
I want at least 2.3.2 since 2.3.1 has the same issue as 2.2.1

my phone in 99 was $35/mo and I kept that plan until 8/31/10.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:51 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Also remember that when we got the 6.5 upgrade on our TP2's we got Sense 2.5 to go with it. Everyone else had to get a cooked rom to get that after they got their 6.5 upgrade. Also HTC was never the hold up on the 6.5 upgrade, it was all Sprint.

I'll go further back to the Vogue. We got the 6.1 upgrade pretty darn quick after it was released from what I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Funny, I remember when I had my TP2 and everyone was pissed at HTC and Sprint for taking so long to release WinMo 6.5 upgrade. It aint just Sammy.

Not taking it away, just changing the criteria. Quoting CNet:

"After April 1, however, the Premier membership will be split into Gold and Silver memberships. Gold members are either customers who've been around for more than 10 years, or those who pay at least $89.99 a month for an individual plan and at least $169.99 a month for a family plan. Gold members will be eligible for all of the same benefits as the previous Premier customers. However, those who don't meet those minimum requirements will be downgraded to a Silver membership. Silver members will no longer qualify for the annual early upgrade; they will have to wait at least 22 months into a two-year contract. Other benefits remain the same."

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver

Lucky me, I have the best of both worlds, a SERO customer who's been with Sprint more than 10 years....SERO Premium Premier Gold!
Quote:
I want at least 2.3.2 since 2.3.1 has the same issue as 2.2.1

my phone in 99 was $35/mo and I kept that plan until 8/31/10.
I just hope they keep grandfathering in my time with Nextel. Then I still will be silver since I started service in March of '03 and the only way I get over that $170 is if you add in the TEP's on my 3 lines.

Will we ever see GB on our phones? Just get us some Froyo.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Are you guys sure they are even doing premiere for legacy and employee plans?
Yup. That's how I got my epic. A 1 year replacement under premiere with sero.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G