PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WiFi HotSpot - To Root or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
lol man i used almost 150gb 2 months ago, 90 this past month... sometimes i use 2-5GBs in a day - withOUT 4G.... i live in Metro Detroit, far from the sticks... I choose NOT to use cable internet... why would i want to, using my phone its free... and given i use around 100GBs a month, id say the speed im sacrificing isnt much of an issue lol... thought id throw that in there..

back to your thread about Wifi-Tethering w/o Root.... which btw isnt possible right??? not even with a paid app?? I have xdandroid so im rooted and it works...

hey what about the hack i read about for free wifi tethering? it was as simple as moving the widget for it to the homescreen or something ridiculous like that... said it bypasses the auth screen by doing this..... was anyone brave enough to try that? my bro-in-law has an Evo, even a 30 dollar app is better than 30/month..
I love it when people have great sense of humor. =D>

second... isnt xdandroid for window based phones that want the android ports?

Third.... the tether widget (both usb and wifi hotspot wigets) can be obtained free from the market. Search for it... I have the paid version of extended controls which does the same thing for me but I don't use it anymore. I'm not tethering on current rom like I used to with other older build roms.

edit:
Also, If you're going to add a widget for tethering.. make sure your rom supports it.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

redshift is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
I love it when people have great sense of humor. =D>

edit:
Also, If you're going to add a widget for tethering.. make sure your rom supports it.
and make sure your computer supports it as well. My laptop doesn't support 11n protocol. I can't use the rooted wireless hotspot. $30 hotspot for me...
Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift View Post
and make sure your computer supports it as well. My laptop doesn't support 11n protocol. I can't use the rooted wireless hotspot. $30 hotspot for me...
If you are on Eclair you can use MobileAP..its free

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Hellz MindPlaya is a n00b

So how does this work for me then.. I have an Epic 4G and if i remember correctly I have tethered with it just fine, but I used the Sprint Mobile Hotspot program that came right on the phone... I have a SERO account and have never seen any extra charges for tethering or Mobile Hotspot features... Is it just because I have SERO? Or am i dreaming and have i really never tethered with this phone yet?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz MindPlaya View Post
So how does this work for me then.. I have an Epic 4G and if i remember correctly I have tethered with it just fine, but I used the Sprint Mobile Hotspot program that came right on the phone... I have a SERO account and have never seen any extra charges for tethering or Mobile Hotspot features... Is it just because I have SERO? Or am i dreaming and have i really never tethered with this phone yet?
Some people just found charges on their accounts after tethering...others were able to tether with no charges..its complicated :/
Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Hellz MindPlaya is a n00b

Well thats funny, I just tried it and it doesn't work. Gives me a 67 error, telling me that my username or passwork is wrong... maybe this rom is the problem. I flashed the leaked Froyo rom and haven't gone to something more recent, just stayed there... kinda laggy and buggy... missing a few things.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic (Galaxy S)

MakeMoves is a n00b

How do you tether in 4g, what speeds do you get?

Even when I have 4g on it still tethers at 3g speeds for me.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic (Galaxy S)

MakeMoves is a n00b

what kind of speeds do you get?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

To get 4g speeds you gotta use PDAnet...for wifi tethering you gotta read the research thing I wrote :/...
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
To get 4g speeds you gotta use PDAnet...for wifi tethering you gotta read the research thing I wrote :/...

Could I get a link gten?

Did I help? The is down to the right

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G