PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr
Re: Galaxy S uprade 2.2

there is no landscape for the home screen on any stock ROM that I am aware of, but launcherpro takes care of that...the free version too! I am upset about the media dock thing too, as are a lot of peeps...how are you all flashing this leaked ROM? I am new to the Epic way of flashing and rooting...
Old 11-11-2010, 04:01 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Here is a few things I've noticed thus far.
Browser has been renamed internet and is layed out a little diffrently. Namely the settings menu is very diffrent. Browser brightness is now in the main menu when you press the main menu button. All other settings look like all the other android/tw menus instead or a list of keyboard shortcuts.
There are new settings under location for gps. There is a setting called use sensor aiding. Here are a few screenshots.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/...91822373_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/...0a96d955_z.jpg
The program manager widget has added screens. It includes a ram managr that let's you sweep the ram in 2 diffrent phases.
Screenshot...
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1409/...a4086001_z.jpg
One more thing I noticed was they added a silent option to the dropdown notification menu.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/...422a8885_z.jpg
There's more. Ill add when I get to a real computer. I can't attach from the wiforums.

Last edited by austin420; 11-11-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by big3etr View Post
there is no landscape for the home screen on any stock ROM that I am aware of, but launcherpro takes care of that...the free version too! I am upset about the media dock thing too, as are a lot of peeps...how are you all flashing this leaked ROM? I am new to the Epic way of flashing and rooting...
It wouldn't hurt to leave one 1 thing especially if that one thing is of least importance to me...it's the media dock. Guys..there's no hdmi out port on the samsung epic...am I missing something?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

How about the streaming music audio quality being borked like it was on the Evo when upgraded to 2.2? I want all the new and improved stuff 2.2 brings but just don't want to give up one of my Epic's main uses in the car.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
to any one interested in using this leak,, its going smoof as balls for me. i cleared storage 3 times and wiped both caches first and flashed this zip with clockwork and its working great. the program manager has some built in ram sweeping options and its got a way better music player. besides that, flash!!!!!!!
STILL NO TV OUT!!!!!
STILL NO LANDSCAPE SUPPORT ON THE HOME SCREEN!!!!!!!!
STILL DOESNT UTILIZE THE AUDIO OUT ON MY "MEDIA" DOCK!!!!!
other than that its not too terrible.
anyway, here it is.

http://firon.net/xda/froyo-beta-deodexed_v3.signed.zip
Can it really be true? You pulling my leg austis? Is it bug free in your expertize llama bran? Im dyingvto try it. Can I install it with out pc? Please say yes! Gimme instruction! I will give tou honor if llama king fir a week!

Sent from some where on Earth, sorrounded by llamas.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yes it should be installed with ClockworkMod..to note though..use the latest v4.1..that one is 3.0

Its not 100% stable but stable enough to use..only lag I found so far was when opening the app drawer...if you swap it to vertical sorting it doesnt lag anymore.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Apparently there is a new version of the Froyo leak...which, no, the people who haven't aren't releasing it...yet.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

the only reason their master noobnl let them release this one was because they already had the new one. i really dont like what i see going on in the epic forums over at xda.
never in my life have i seen people hoard leaks like they do over there. i just dont get it. there are 3 specific people over there with huge chips on their shoulders.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
the only reason their master noobnl let them release this one was because they already had the new one. i really dont like what i see going on in the epic forums over at xda.
never in my life have i seen people hoard leaks like they do over there. i just dont get it. there are 3 specific people over there with huge chips on their shoulders.
I couldn't agree more, it gets pretty douchy over there in the epic section at XDA.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I couldn't agree more, it gets pretty douchy over there in the epic section at XDA.
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the people at PPCGeeks are significantly friendlier than the people over at XDA. Most of my questions go unanswered there or in the rare reply I get, it's me getting yelled at to learn to search better.

I always search before asking a question and only ask when I can't find an answer through search. Over here, I have never been told to search and always get a friendly answer.

Sorry for going off topic lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G