PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:19 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM][AA][EXT4] AnonymousROM i3 [2.3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
phone won't install it
this may help also.
[How to][Renamed][Now with CWM Zip!!!]Update built in Swype in almost any Rom! - xda-developers
Old 07-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks. I'll give those a try and report back
Old 07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

did manage to finally get it to work and it's not the same keyboard! specifically I am looking for the keyboard that has the "" above the Q instead of the "EN"

edit - I used the instructions provided, installed swype 3.6 then uninstalled and installed the version 3.5 posted above. Now I have the smiley face option! yay!!!

edit #2 - after trying and trying most of the day I'm frustrated!! the apk Darren provided is the one I want however they keyboard isn't calibrated correctly. for example, I press the K key and L comes up. the whole keyboard is shifted to the right it seems. I've tried to extract the files from the ROM zip and copy them over to my phone after installing the APK but it doesn't change it. Any suggestions?? Or does anyone have the APK of the keyboard with a long press smiley above the Q? instead of the long press language option.

Last edited by nursemm05; 07-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
did manage to finally get it to work and it's not the same keyboard! specifically I am looking for the keyboard that has the "" above the Q instead of the "EN"

edit - I used the instructions provided, installed swype 3.6 then uninstalled and installed the version 3.5 posted above. Now I have the smiley face option! yay!!!

edit #2 - after trying and trying most of the day I'm frustrated!! the apk Darren provided is the one I want however they keyboard isn't calibrated correctly. for example, I press the K key and L comes up. the whole keyboard is shifted to the right it seems. I've tried to extract the files from the ROM zip and copy them over to my phone after installing the APK but it doesn't change it. Any suggestions?? Or does anyone have the APK of the keyboard with a long press smiley above the Q? instead of the long press language option.
were close (i think) that first apk might be from droid 2 so try this link that has lots of swype apks.
Swype 3 apk - free download - (39 files)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
were close (i think) that first apk might be from droid 2 so try this link that has lots of swype apks.
Swype 3 apk - free download - (39 files)
I tried some of those previously and they didn't give me what I was looking for. I even pulled the APK out of the zip file of this ROM but it kept force closing. Gonna try another one, hope it works!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Y.G. is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejmeister View Post
Saw that nobody had replied to you and thought I'd save you the trouble of asking again

No. I'm not having problems with Swype saving words in the custom dictionary. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the response. I must have a bad flash. I need to get another Swype apk then.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

any new dev.?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

esteway.619 is just getting started
Just wanted to let u guys know marcusant has a beta rom over at acs website that I'm running right now and man is it smoother than this. Go check it out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteway.619 View Post
Just wanted to let u guys know marcusant has a beta rom over at acs website that I'm running right now and man is it smoother than this. Go check it out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
may wanna check your gps cause its still broke, its faster but still too many issues and gps is a must for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Y.G. is a n00b

My battery has me concerned and deeply disturbed. I started browsing the internet w/Opera Mobile, while the phone was still plugged up to the charger, and the battery dropped to 61%.

What is going on here?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
android, anonymous, ef02, gingerbread, rom