PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

mike3s is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
total user call, i like EE03 but you dont live where i do so try them all and see whats best.

whats your issue? guys really need to use "faster fix" works like a charm.
My issue is that gps works fine once or twice, then, in the middle of navigation, loses GPS signal and never regains it. Getting a lock after a rebootis easy, I just can't keep the lock. I've tried ee03, ef02, and ec05 modems. Ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
Old 07-03-2011, 01:01 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ROM][AA][EXT4] AnonymousROM i3 [2.3]

I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the ROM, but for some reason, when I try to use apps that require root, like Quick Boot, root isn't detected. Obviously, since I'm using the ROM and I don't have any issues flashing or doing mods to modems, etc. I know that I DO have root.
I reflashed the 3.1.0.1 CWM zip and it completed. But when I tried to flash the CWM one-click-root file, it aborted with no other error message. I'm guessing that that has nothing to do with the ROM either. But there are some smart people here, so I figured that someone might know what was going on.
Thanks.=D>

Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3s View Post
My issue is that gps works fine once or twice, then, in the middle of navigation, loses GPS signal and never regains it. Getting a lock after a rebootis easy, I just can't keep the lock. I've tried ee03, ef02, and ec05 modems. Ideas?

could be bad gps on phone but probably a rom issue since it is a leak. i jumped off gb for other reasons or i would test it more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the ROM, but for some reason, when I try to use apps that require root, like Quick Boot, root isn't detected. Obviously, since I'm using the ROM and I don't have any issues flashing or doing mods to modems, etc. I know that I DO have root.
I reflashed the 3.1.0.1 CWM zip and it completed. But when I tried to flash the CWM one-click-root file, it aborted with no other error message. I'm guessing that that has nothing to do with the ROM either. But there are some smart people here, so I figured that someone might know what was going on.
Thanks.=D>
sound like a comparability issue with the app and gb, what other apps does it happen on?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just got a emil from my sprint source that owns a store saying official gb will be released wed. july 6th, he never bs's me and his info is usually correct so im hoping he is this time also.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 07-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:48 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Quote:
Thanks.=D>
Flash the su.zip. its an instant fix. The rom seems to remove root everytime I flash it & fyi, just because you have cwm does not mean you have root.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
just got a emil from my sprint source that owns a store saying official gb will be released wed. july 7th, he never bs's me and his info is usually correct so im hoping he is this time also.
I hope your source is right becuase XDA members are saying their source is indicating september release...
Old 07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Lurker

mike3s is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed View Post
I hope your source is right becuase XDA members are saying their source is indicating september release...
Same xda sources were positive about June 20 or June 27 release too... not knocking anyone, but until it's officially announced or included in weekly playbook, this is all just speculation.

I'd be happy on ef02 for a while I'd I could just get gps working consistently.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
just got a emil from my sprint source that owns a store saying official gb will be released wed. july 7th, he never bs's me and his info is usually correct so im hoping he is this time also.
Jonesing pretty bad for official Gingerbread to drop.

Wednesday is July 6th. Thursday is the 7th. Just sayin'

Doesn't the EF29 indicate a release the week after? Did he happen to say whether that is the release?

Thanks as always Darren!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Flash the su.zip. its an instant fix. The rom seems to remove root everytime I flash it & fyi, just because you have cwm does not mean you have root.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk
Do I need a specific su.zip file? Should there be one already on my device or do I need to get it from somewhere?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Lurker

mike3s is a n00b
Quote:
Do I need a specific su.zip file? Should there be one already on my device or do I need to get it from somewhere?
Go to samfirmware ef02 tar thread, click op link to xda, then find su.zip in op of xda thread.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
android, anonymous, ef02, gingerbread, rom