PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition) 3/9/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by csundara View Post
I'm on stock EB13. I got there using the OTW update from Samsung. I have never rooted or rom'd before but have been reading a lot for the past couple months and think I'm going to go ahead and get on Midnight 4.2 this weekend. So, total noob here.

I've read there can be problems with the restore process when coming from a different ROM because it's BYOR and a lot of the apk's will be missing. I was wondering if I used the method in one of Rob's videos to modify the ROM.zip before by placing all the files for the apks I have in the right places, if that would keep it from causing problems. Or I am I setting myself up for a lot more work than if I just do a backup, wipe everything, and set it all up again?
If you are worried about missing a critical apk when you build your ROM, just use the Standard Edition zip. That will give you all the things you should need to get a good stable ROM running. Then go into CWM and use the zips in the midNIGHT Extras folder to flash whatever else you want one by one. I highly recommend making a full nandroid backup after flashing the Standard Edition zip and you verfiy that is is running smoothly. That way if you start flashing apps in CW and something goes wrong at least you will have a fully fiunctioning ROM to go back to and start over.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:29 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Just discovered 2 odd errors that I'm sure are somehow of my doing. Wifi doesn't work, and the phone dialer fc's. You would think I would have found these already since I last flashed 5 days ago. There's a bit of a n0ob error.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

I just installed midnight rom and I have to say it is fast and retains my great battery life but i have one major problem. Swype does not work and displays the trial period is over. Since Samsung bundles swype with its phone how do i get this keyboard installed?

I tried searching this thread but i couldn't find anyone with this error which mean i didn't search enough.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkny View Post
I just installed midnight rom and I have to say it is fast and retains my great battery life but i have one major problem. Swype does not work and displays the trial period is over. Since Samsung bundles swype with its phone how do i get this keyboard installed?

I tried searching this thread but i couldn't find anyone with this error which mean i didn't search enough.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12046349&postcount=901

Did I help? The is down to the right

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

Thanks! After i just re registered with swype is then i would found that link on xda
Old 03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Thanks! After i just re registered with swype is then i would found that link on xda

No prob. Do me a fovour and hit the "Thanks" button on my post lol
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

Quote:

Swype from EB13
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:26 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Finally, one that works! I got the "trial period expired" notification too and since then I have tried flashing 3 or 4 different versions of Swype that I had found and none of them worked. This one works perfectly. Thanks Rob.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Finally, one that works! I got the "trial period expired" notification too and since then I have tried flashing 3 or 4 different versions of Swype that I had found and none of them worked. This one works perfectly. Thanks Rob.
weird i never got the "trial period" deal.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:09 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
weird i never got the "trial period" deal.
Never had this problem either.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development