PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) MP6950SP)

Thanks again man. Yeah I know it means they're on the way but threes still no official announcement. Which is why I put the little disclaimer.

Last edited by JQuill; 03-19-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq 211
Carrier: Verizon

ashma is a n00b
Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed

After reading your message JQuill, I called my local RadioShack here in the Los Angeles area again and was told by a manager I've been speaking with, that YES it is on the way to his store. He said that it should be in stock by Tuesday and for sale on Wednesday. YES!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Okay JB and friends I don't know if you worked today JB but we officially got word the HD2 is launching on the 24th and we'll have it out for sale when the doors open that day. Though this has been all but confirmed up to this point...it looks like this is the first official confirmation I've ever seen from TMO or RS.

This is the official memo we got today along with pictures of the phones. As soon as we get one in store I'll take plenty of high res pics of this phone so people can look at.

"New T-Mobile Handsets Arriving - Unsellable Until March 24
For: Store Managers and Sales Associates

This weekend, stores will begin receiving two new T-Mobile handsets - the HTC HD2 and the Nokia Nuron.
  • These handsets are being delivered in advance of their official launch date of Wednesday, March 24. Once they arrive, please place them in your security cage (along with the dummies when they arrive this week) and do not put them on display until the launch date.
    • The SKUs will be made unsellable in the POS until March 24.
  • More details about these new handsets will be included in next Tuesday's Weekly Shipment. "
Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Lurker

ashma is a n00b

I've been collecting software from xda links and other sources, getting ready for the device. Now my only concern is that my BlackBerry Bold on T-Mobile, keeps hopping around and switching to EDGE in my area.......Hope the HD2 won't do the same too often......
Old 03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll post the pic later but for those interested, our pricing on the HD2 will be $149.99 New or $249.99 Upgrade, everything is instant, no mail in rebates

and ashma, be careful with the software you're gathering, it may not necessarily work on tmobile's HD2 and if the Bold is jumping back and forth its for one of two reasons: 1. the network coverage is that bad, in which case the HD2 will do the same thing and 2. the Bold's antenna is weak and if the HD2's is stronger then it shouldn't be a problem, however there isn't really a way to tell until you have one

and JQ, about the whole in transit thing, i ran the tracking number on the one that's coming to my store and it's coming standard 603 and will be in store on the 23rd; also, new ATG has materials on the HD2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HD2Tag.jpg (384.4 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jbearamus; 03-20-2010 at 02:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
I'll post the pic later but for those interested, our pricing on the HD2 will be $149.99 New or $249.99 Upgrade, everything is instant, no mail in rebates

and ashma, be careful with the software you're gathering, it may not necessarily work on tmobile's HD2 and if the Bold is jumping back and forth its for one of two reasons: 1. the network coverage is that bad, in which case the HD2 will do the same thing and 2. the Bold's antenna is weak and if the HD2's is stronger then it shouldn't be a problem, however there isn't really a way to tell until you have one

and JQ, about the whole in transit thing, i ran the tracking number on the one that's coming to my store and it's coming standard 603 and will be in store on the 23rd; also, new ATG has materials on the HD2

Yeah I cannot ****ing believe we're getting it for $149.99...I just sold an iPhone to somebody with a sinking feeling in my stomach lol. I'm def. buying the first one that comes to our store

Last edited by JQuill; 03-19-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

You can buy them at T-Mobile right now...Friday the 19th...i just left the store by my house in Texas and may not make the weekend without going back to get it...phone is HUGE, beautiful, and fast as hell...
Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Lurker

ashma is a n00b

Thanks JB! I'll just hope for the best as I am new to T-Mobile. And I really hope the xda mods for HTC Sense, will work on this HD2 ROM. I'll be testing programs, one at a time as I've had problems in the past after loading up 60 programs on WinMo 6.1.

mgioia2, already on sale in T-Mobile stores?!?!?! Oh that is very tempting for me to just pay up for one rather than use RadioShack gift card credit........
Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Rep was trying to sell one to a guy when i walked in, said he had a bunch in stock...

I said "well i think i'm going to be seeing you on the 24th"...he said i can get it to you right now, let's go...unfortunately i had my little girl with me and she was already a big antsy, but the store is only about 30 seconds from my house so i'm not sure i'll make it the weekend without going back...
Old 03-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you guys are going to try and get them this weekend don't sit on the fence, they're not supposed to be selling them and i'm sure they'll sell until Tmo corporate catches on and tells them to stop so if you're gonna get one, get there quickly

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News