PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq 211
Carrier: Verizon

ashma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed

JQuill, I'm trying to figure out which accessories you'll have for sale? I've called a few stores in my area and they know about getting the phone now but have no idea about the accessories. I'd like to purchase a 2nd battery and if you guys do have a slip/pouch case I'd like to purchase that as well. I'll be using a Brando screen protector (the BEST out there; tried 6 different brands)

Now as far as a car charger goes, I have a generic female USB adaptor. Plug it into the car and then plug any USB cable into it. I’m hoping this will work as it has for several different BlackBerry models.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashma View Post
JQuill, I'm trying to figure out which accessories you'll have for sale? I've called a few stores in my area and they know about getting the phone now but have no idea about the accessories. I'd like to purchase a 2nd battery and if you guys do have a slip/pouch case I'd like to purchase that as well. I'll be using a Brando screen protector (the BEST out there; tried 6 different brands)

Now as far as a car charger goes, I have a generic female USB adaptor. Plug it into the car and then plug any USB cable into it. I’m hoping this will work as it has for several different BlackBerry models.
What I know we will have is screen protectors and car chargers. Maybe batteries, I'll update tomorrow with more details and possibly pics.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I'm kinda dissapointed that HTC made this phone with a different USB connection than most of the others, i'm going to have to buy a couple to leave at different places now...
Old 03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
What I know we will have is screen protectors and car chargers. Maybe batteries, I'll update tomorrow with more details and possibly pics.
worst case we can probably RSU them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
I'm kinda dissapointed that HTC made this phone with a different USB connection than most of the others, i'm going to have to buy a couple to leave at different places now...
isn't it microUSB? it may be inconvenient to buy everything again but at least it's the new industry standard
Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
worst case we can probably RSU them

isn't it microUSB? it may be inconvenient to buy everything again but at least it's the new industry standard
Yeah man hopefully we will have the HD2's RSU stuff in stock when it goes on sale...def. gonna order an extra battery if we have it.

For those who don't know "RSU" is a special parts ordering system we have at Radioshack. We can order the stock accessories and parts that originally come with our products direct from our distributors. It is an order system only and we do not stock "RSU Products" in our store...it's typically used as a last resort if we don't have a normal retail product to sell a customer and we have to special order it. It's a great system because we can order batteries for new phones like the HD2 and get the cables etc. that people may have lost or need new ones of.

So if you need an extra battery for your HD2, see if Radioshack can order you one. We don't know exactly what we will be able to order for the HD2 through RSU yet.

Last edited by JQuill; 03-21-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Yup it's MicroUSB, ordered 2 from Newegg last night, $3 a piece
Old 03-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nice find!

anyone started a count down clock?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq 211
Carrier: Verizon

ashma is a n00b

Guys, wouldn't a female to female USB adaptor be the simple way to go? Couldn't you just plug the HD2's included USB cable into the F2F and a regular size USB cable to the other end? I found a few F2F on Amazon for 1 to 3 dollars.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Guys, wouldn't a female to female USB adaptor be the simple way to go? Couldn't you just plug the HD2's included USB cable into the F2F and a regular size USB cable to the other end? I found a few F2F on Amazon for 1 to 3 dollars.

Alright I think people are a little desperate for things to talk about haha. Guys it's a charger...it comes with a house charger and you can get car chargers and USB cables at litterally every single electronics store in the country. I was at a Mobil gas station the other day that sold both mini and micro USB car chargers. Everything will be there when it's launched.

Go Team USA. Ducks fly together and all that jazz.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
its possbile, but it also depends on the cable you have, I would assume an HTC one would be find but it also depends on how the microUSB port got wired on the inside of it, for example, I know the Palm Pre uses "microUSB" and a standard microUSB will charge it but the iGo tip a97 won't charge it, iGo had to make a tip specifically for the Pre and Pixi even though its "microUSB"

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News