PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed ... pics (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113341)

JQuill 03-07-2010 09:25 PM

Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed ... pics

For what it is worth I work at Radioshack (Boston area). My T-Mobile rep told me it is being released at the end of March and that Radioshack would have it at launch. I have nothing else but his word, but again I do work there and he didn't just come in for that, he told me on a normal visit, and that we'd also be getting the Samsung Behold 2 (Android) around the same time as the HD2. (The Bedhold 2 is already released, but Radioshack doesn't carry it yet)

jbearamus 03-08-2010 08:18 PM

Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2

3 Attachment(s)
I can vouch that we'll carry it, it's on my planogram for the wireless tables this month. I'll post a pic soon for those that like hard evidence

oops pics...

ashma 03-13-2010 04:38 PM

Thank you for sharing this info guys. If either of you could let me know, I'm wondering if the HD2 will be in most if not all of your locations at launch? Or rather is it normal for your T-Mobile phones to be available in most of your stores at the same time? I ask because JQuill, you mentioned Boston and I am in the Los Angeles area. I currently have a Bold, which I picked up at RadioShack and I'll have had it for 30 days, on March 28th.

Hoping to return my Bold for the HD2, on launch day, if that is March 24th. Also I've called about 4 RadioShack’s in LA and none will acknowledge knowing anything about getting the HD2........

JQuill 03-13-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1627896)
Thank you for sharing this info guys. If either of you could let me know, I'm wondering if the HD2 will be in most if not all of your locations at launch? Or rather is it normal for your T-Mobile phones to be available in most of your stores at the same time? I ask because JQuill, you mentioned Boston and I am in the Los Angeles area. I currently have a Bold, which I picked up at RadioShack and I'll have had it for 30 days, on March 28th.

Hoping to return my Bold for the HD2, on launch day, if that is March 24th. Also I've called about 4 RadioShack’s in LA and none will acknowledge knowing anything about getting the HD2........

I want to say MOST of our stores will have it. Any big busy store is sure to have it, most likely one that is in a big mall or a large sized strip mall store. Most people won't acknowledge that they're getting it but the planograms and Sku list that jbearamus posted is legit and I have the same setup in my store. The actual PRODUCT CATALOG NUMBER for the HD2 as you can see in the pics is 170-5510. If you punch that into a radioshack POS computer to see how much it is or how many are in stock, it says "Invalid SKU" because we haven't gotten ANY info on it other than the planograms and sku lists that jbearamus posted, and info from our T-Mobile reps that we're def. getting it at launch.

darren.wlsn1 03-13-2010 04:50 PM

pa shacks will also have it, they said the 24th, never been to shack for a phone but they seemed to be honest about it, not the young guys that work there either. (no offense)
im jumping ship no matter where the thing lands, had the dummy hd2 in my hands and i want one. sprint contract is over too.

ashma 03-13-2010 05:11 PM

Thank you JQuill and Darren!

I had not thought about checking with a high traffic mall location and so I'll call them up. I think the busiest store I called was in Santa Monica and the sales guy appeared to have no clue what I was talking about.
I’ve had Verizon for many years and had no real issues with them.

I’ve jumped ship, just because of the HD2. I purchased my Bold this month from RadioShack rather than a T-Mo store, because I have gift credit with the Shack. With my Bold, I signed up for the unlimited talk, text and data plan on a 2-year. I’m assuming that when the HD2 hits, I can exchange my Bold (even though I do really like it for what it does offer) for the HD2 at the 199.99 2-year price.

I figure if I decided in a year from now, to get a WinPhone 7 device (perhaps HD3 if the XDA guys don’t release a good WP7 ROM for the HD2) and choose to break the contract, that the termination fee is about the same as if I go no contract now and buy the HD2 at the 449.99 retail price. Does this all sound about right to you JQuill? Either way I’m EXCITED!!!!!

jbearamus 03-14-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1627974)
Thank you JQuill and Darren!

I had not thought about checking with a high traffic mall location and so I'll call them up. I think the busiest store I called was in Santa Monica and the sales guy appeared to have no clue what I was talking about.
I’ve had Verizon for many years and had no real issues with them.

I’ve jumped ship, just because of the HD2. I purchased my Bold this month from RadioShack rather than a T-Mo store, because I have gift credit with the Shack. With my Bold, I signed up for the unlimited talk, text and data plan on a 2-year. I’m assuming that when the HD2 hits, I can exchange my Bold (even though I do really like it for what it does offer) for the HD2 at the 199.99 2-year price.

I figure if I decided in a year from now, to get a WinPhone 7 device (perhaps HD3 if the XDA guys don’t release a good WP7 ROM for the HD2) and choose to break the contract, that the termination fee is about the same as if I go no contract now and buy the HD2 at the 449.99 retail price. Does this all sound about right to you JQuill? Either way I’m EXCITED!!!!!

It shouldn't be a probably if you want to swap, obviously you'll have to pay the difference if there is one (I don't know pricing on the Bold 9700 off the top of my head) and the plan you picked definitely meets the plan requirements tmobile has listed on their product page

and for those that are wondering who will have it like it was mentioned, pick the busiest store(s) you can think of and call them a few days in advance, by then the sku 170-5510 should be in the system and stores will be able to see "model quantity" which will tell us if that store is slated to get that phone, and if they don't have it, it can be ordered from the warehouse, overnight shipped and we'll pay shipping and you get the same price that'll be on the price tag in the store
i've also been checking the sku daily and will post when it finally comes up with something

ashma 03-14-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1629260)
It shouldn't be a probably if you want to swap, obviously you'll have to pay the difference if there is one (I don't know pricing on the Bold 9700 off the top of my head) and the plan you picked definitely meets the plan requirements tmobile has listed on their product page

and for those that are wondering who will have it like it was mentioned, pick the busiest store(s) you can think of and call them a few days in advance, by then the sku 170-5510 should be in the system and stores will be able to see "model quantity" which will tell us if that store is slated to get that phone, and if they don't have it, it can be ordered from the warehouse, overnight shipped and we'll pay shipping and you get the same price that'll be on the price tag in the store
i've also been checking the sku daily and will post when it finally comes up with something

Thanks! I will find the largest stores in my area and call a few of them a few days before.

JQuill 03-18-2010 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's officially in the Radioshack system...our store has one on the way (the "In transit" quantity reflecting one does not mean it has been shipped to our store yet or that our warehouses have them. Though this is most likely the case given the rumorded 3-25 release date there STILL has been no official announcement from RS or T-Mobile regarding the U.S. release)...and I'm probably buying it lol. The official retail price of the phone is $549.00 (this is NOT the newly activated or TMO upgrade price, the $549 reflects the price of the phone without contract) ... Radioshack may have a different price than say buying the US version straight from HTC, but thats what we have it as.

PS - Thanks JB

jbearamus 03-19-2010 01:00 AM

Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed

was waiting for that but i haven't been in my store for the last 3 days
and btw, "in transit" means the warehouse does have them and an order with that sku has been processed for your store, probably be there monday on the overnight wireless shipment or the standard weekly 603 for tuesday if the launch date of the 24th that everyone is talking about it true