PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Test nginx for me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Probably, but if all the traffic starts going to this server and it crashes every 2 minutes, that would get annoying lol.

Once I get it more stable I'll probably do that in case of the random crash.
I have a commercial product at work that monitors all of our equipment, per system and specific ports, and sends me a text message if there are any issues. It also has the capability to restart services, etc. That's what made me think it might be a good idea for this site.

There are plenty of open source solutions out there. Let me know if you need a list and I can PM one to you.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have a commercial product at work that monitors all of our equipment, per system and specific ports, and sends me a text message if there are any issues. It also has the capability to restart services, etc. That's what made me think it might be a good idea for this site.

There are plenty of open source solutions out there. Let me know if you need a list and I can PM one to you.
If you have time, that would be great!

On another note, I think I just made nginx even faster (atleast it seems to be to me)...still gotta work on the PHP Bad Gateway error though.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah get that fixed and I think we can go live.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

502 error when trying to get in to the Imagio forum. Everything else has been working fine so far.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

502 Bad Gateway

Using FF3.5.4 on an XP PC.
Same thing using IE, Opera & Chrome.

Last edited by Trident; 11-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint, was VZW

psternklar is becoming a great contributor

502 bad gateway @1405 eastern time
Old 11-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Yeah, that just happened here too. I'm sure I need to tweak something. That was happening alot last night when I was trying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
does it have to do with the server load?
Just testing out multi-quote for the fun of it

EDIT: Working fine obv, and still very fast
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Very fast indeed!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
502 Bad Gateway

Using FF3.5.4 on an XP PC.
Same thing using IE, Opera & Chrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psternklar View Post
502 bad gateway @1405 eastern time
Same situation for me.....
But, other than that it seems pretty fast!!!

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 11-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Alright, do whatever you can do to try to break it, I *might* have fixed the php/Bad Gateway error.

I want to see how long it holds up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements