PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Image of Verizon Omnia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornl33t View Post
If every thing said here is true some thing doesn't jive...

vzw is releasing phones with 6.5 preloaded as of last week. IF the omnia is going to have 6.1 then samsung has got to be pissed? I mean why would the average joe buy a 6.1 when a 6.5 is out? Secondly if it is 6.1 then why isn't it out yet? If the answer to this is that the o2 needs to meet vzw's specs and it's taking samsung this long to make vzw happy then I feel it's safe to assume that 6.5 either won't happen or when it does then the o2 will be soon replaced by the next great phone. Look at the omnia, it took vzw until AFTER the news of the o2 coming to vzw to release the GPS fix....

Either way, VZW has taught me patience, I'll wait till it has 6.5 till I jump on the boat....That or I may just skip this one....
The best thing that can happen is for it to be releaded with a 6.1 rom. Remember last time with the omnia that it took untill that official rom update to get any sort of complete rom to work with and to chang back to incase we need to return. If it comes with 6.5 than we wont have that oficial rom dump thyat can be reverted to. Also i think it will not only be fine with 6.1 at first azny way. you can highly customize that any way.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Hmm, August to October is a little longer then 2 weeks.
i think ther was a earlier realease date than august also. They probably want to make sure that the other phones in the same market get time to sell befor this phones release cause it probably will take severley take away from there sales.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Well lets face it, this phone is not going to drop until November 22 because that is the best possible day they could do it. thats the day the xbox 360 was released and also my birthday

In the meantime I have been using the Touch Pro 2 and couldnt be happier Omnia2 is gonna have to be pretty damn good to get me to switch, but who knows maybe by then i'll be ready for something new
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Well lets face it, this phone is not going to drop until November 22 because that is the best possible day they could do it. thats the day the xbox 360 was released and also my birthday

In the meantime I have been using the Touch Pro 2 and couldnt be happier Omnia2 is gonna have to be pretty damn good to get me to switch, but who knows maybe by then i'll be ready for something new
okay I can go with Nov. 22nd...lets just make our own rumored release dates, that way when it don't come out we wont be surprised, or disappointed...lol
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

rolijen is becoming a great contributor

Seems like VZW rolls out new gear on Tuesdays lately. Imagio was available online on Oct 6 and is set to be in stores the 20th. Maybe O2 will hit Nov 3?.....

For those about to rock (We salute you)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none yet
Carrier: verizon

uurrnn is a n00b

wth. the imagio is awesome
Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

From Samsung's official facebook page for Omnia II:

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungOmnia...d=170078928368

Samsung Omnia II For all of our US fans: We expect to launch the device this year but the official information will need to be released by the carrier. Stay tuned!
about an hour ago

For what THAT'S worth!

I have to admit the buzz around the Moto Droid from Verizon is becoming deafening. I'm sure you've seen the tease commercial by now. It's been on during football and baseball the last couple days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYM-XTqcec

HowardForum thread has 371 posts in 24 hours. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1&page=1&pp=15 The hardware specs sound great but I need to find out more about the software.

Perhaps Samsung felt compelled to make their announcement due to the Droid buzz. Many who have been waiting for the O2 are getting weary of waiting and may jump ship.

Last edited by JonV; 10-19-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JClishe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolijen View Post
Seems like VZW rolls out new gear on Tuesdays lately. Imagio was available online on Oct 6 and is set to be in stores the 20th. Maybe O2 will hit Nov 3?.....
Oct 6th was a Microsoft-driven date for 6.5 devices for all carriers, had nothing to do with VZW.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

rolijen is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClishe View Post
Oct 6th was a Microsoft-driven date for 6.5 devices for all carriers, had nothing to do with VZW.
That's true. I still think it'll be early November.

My 2ยข
Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
From Samsung's official facebook page for Omnia II:

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungOmnia...d=170078928368

Samsung Omnia II For all of our US fans: We expect to launch the device this year but the official information will need to be released by the carrier. Stay tuned!
about an hour ago

For what THAT'S worth!

I have to admit the buzz around the Moto Droid from Verizon is becoming deafening. I'm sure you've seen the tease commercial by now. It's been on during football and baseball the last couple days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYM-XTqcec

HowardForum thread has 371 posts in 24 hours. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1&page=1&pp=15 The hardware specs sound great but I need to find out more about the software.

Perhaps Samsung felt compelled to make their announcement due to the Droid buzz. Many who have been waiting for the O2 are getting weary of waiting and may jump ship.
1. it's good that poeple jump ship. This market has become fiercly compeditive. I've been waiting for this type of thing to happen because it will cause verizon to move a little faster then it has been....finally.

2. if it's from motorola I won't but it. I've had 4 motos and not one of then survived past 12 months. All of them has severe programing errors and moto didn't impress me with either the turn around time or the effectivness of their fixes to the "know" program errors. I'll send smoke signals before I own another moto......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia