PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

tmellen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official ROM IS HERE!!!

That's what I meant -- no x64 OS, either xp or vista.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910-WM 6.5 Lioryte Base 28230
Carrier: VZ

MrOmnia81 is just getting started

ok... the site seems correct... it's 2:18pm est... And it had the vista and xp banners.... where are the detailed specs of the changes that were made??? Anyone knows where to find it?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm doing a full backup right now...I hope they drop it soon...
Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmnia81 View Post
ok... the site seems correct... it's 2:18pm est... And it had the vista and xp banners.... where are the detailed specs of the changes that were made??? Anyone knows where to find it?
Yep. It's listed on that page most of the way down.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmnia81 View Post
this is all they listed so far...

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-i910, which is recommended to be installed. This update includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The upgrade may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

* The latest Microsoft Adaptation Kit Upgrade (AKU 1.5.1) for Windows mobile is Included in this Update.
* Open Standalone LBS Supported and Performance Enhanced (This may Support 3rd Party Applications).
* VZ Access Manager Supports Bluetooth Connection (SPP).
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

• The latest Microsoft AKU Update 1.5.1.
    • Enhanced zoom for Internet Explorer.
    • Slight UI Modifications.
    • Various additional improvements to improve handset function.
  • Open Standalone LBS Supported and Performance Enhanced (This may Support 3rd Party Applications).
  • VZ Access Manager Supports Bluetooth Connection (SPP).
  • Correction of memory shortage issues.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I never lost faith that Verizon would release the update
Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I didnt either. Just knew it wouldnt be in the time frame we wanted.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
I never lost faith that Verizon would release the update
neither did I just lost my patience...almost...
Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I didnt either. Just knew it wouldnt be in the time frame we wanted.
Well you turned out to be right (as usual). In all fairness, though, I bet Verizon tried to have the update ready by "the end of 1st half '09" as they had originally promised. After all, the TP and Saga got theirs in that time frame and since April there have been postings around the net of Verizon techs stating that they had been working hard on an update (CC26 for example) but they just couldn't work out all the kinks and weren't willing to release an update til it was ready

Last edited by Eschelon; 07-15-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia