PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

iceberg8685 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official ROM IS HERE!!!

Anyone know how to keep activesync from keeping coming on? I've made the registry change to stop it, but it still comes back. I don't seem to remember having this problem before the update. I run wireless sync...thanks the help
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg8685 View Post
Anyone know how to keep activesync from keeping coming on? I've made the registry change to stop it, but it still comes back. I don't seem to remember having this problem before the update. I run wireless sync...thanks the help
You mean ActiveSync running on the phone?

It's a Microsoft thing. There's really no perfect fix for it

The only way to prevent it from popping up is to download a program from XDA called 'ActiveSync Killer'. I think it's by a guy named Alias or something... It's a program that runs every 10 seconds or so to kill the ActiveSync process if it's running.

Although I personally found it rather counter-productive to install a whole new program and run it just to kill another. Didn't really make sense. Plus, ActiveSync usually uses 0% of the phone's CPU and only takes up a few kb of RAM. Hardly noticeable to even the most anal user
Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700

iceberg8685 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
You mean ActiveSync running on the phone?

It's a Microsoft thing. There's really no perfect fix for it

The only way to prevent it from popping up is to download a program from XDA called 'ActiveSync Killer'. I think it's by a guy named Alias or something... It's a program that runs every 10 seconds or so to kill the ActiveSync process if it's running.

Although I personally found it rather counter-productive to install a whole new program and run it just to kill another. Didn't really make sense. Plus, ActiveSync usually uses 0% of the phone's CPU and only takes up a few kb of RAM. Hardly noticeable to even the most anal user
Thanks...I saw that earlier at XDA and I agree with you about being counter-productive. I guess I can deal with it the way it is.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

jss52 is a n00b

didn't find this issue in quick browsing and a quick search.

after the flash, when trying to align the screen for initial setup, it keeps repeating the align and i cannot advance past that.

tried soft and hard resets as well as reflashing the updated ROM from vzw/samsung...any thoughts?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

gujupmp88 is a n00b

ok, since this thread is 45 pages long, and it'll take me forever to look through every page. can someone please tell me the differences between this new rom and the leaked cc20 rom. such as speed, new apps, etc... thank you
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gujupmp88 View Post
ok, since this thread is 45 pages long, and it'll take me forever to look through every page. can someone please tell me the differences between this new rom and the leaked cc20 rom. such as speed, new apps, etc... thank you
This new ROM only offers a handful little things over CC20:

1) Minor bug fixes
2) aGPS (as opposed to standalone GPS that came with CC20)
3) Updated radio

But the biggest difference between CC20 and the official ROM (CF03) is that CC20 was not endorsed by Verizon or Samsung and, therefore, voided the one-year warranty that comes standard with your phone. Now that CF03 is available, you can re-flash to it and your warranty will again be honored by Verizon. This means that if your phone suffers any sort of hardware/software malfunction, Verizon will be able to replace it for you. They will not do this if you are running CC20 (yes, they can tell)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia