PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sashimi and the Omnia

Since you're the net admin guy (and I have mentioned this to our net admin guy, but he doesn't like change... and this is the way he's always done it), you can make ssl work... even with a self-signed certificate, as long as you use the fully qualified domain name of the mail server on the certificate... the default is the netbios name... and that's what our server is using... bah!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 BGill Neo Alpha 2.0 v3
Carrier: Verizon

tgd1595 is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know the location of the reg files to ms3, spb backup, spb weather, and spb online, so I don't have to keep registering every time I flash? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!!

Do I just export the Spb Software House and Spb Software House 2 to the Reg folder? Will this save all my customizations as well?

Last edited by tgd1595; 06-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

dangerous is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
Since you're the net admin guy (and I have mentioned this to our net admin guy, but he doesn't like change... and this is the way he's always done it), you can make ssl work... even with a self-signed certificate, as long as you use the fully qualified domain name of the mail server on the certificate... the default is the netbios name... and that's what our server is using... bah!
I will look at that. Thanks.

edit
Seems my Server already is running a self signed cert.

Edit Again. yes, mine is running the netbios cert

Last edited by dangerous; 06-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
Dude, Thanks a bunch. tell your Admin guy its a 10 minute deal. (took me longer cause i had to figure it out.

selfssl.exe is about as easy as it gets. then export the FQDN Cert and put in CERT on sashimi. worked first time.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

I've told him... like I said, he doesn't like change... oh well, he retires in two years or so anyway...
Old 06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Does anyone know what reg entry is used to control Timezone?
did you find this?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Time]
"TimeZoneInformation"=hex:\

Sashimi got the timezone right, but my time is off...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgd1595 View Post
Does anyone know the location of the reg files to ms3, spb backup, spb weather, and spb online, so I don't have to keep registering every time I flash? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!!

Do I just export the Spb Software House and Spb Software House 2 to the Reg folder? Will this save all my customizations as well?

there is a Sashimi tutorial and more specifically a tutorial on locating the reg keys. and the example is on finding spb keys. do you need the link. i will get it.

Edit
here is a good place to start with registry stuff
http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11

Last edited by dangerous; 06-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 BGill Neo Alpha 2.0 v3

tgd1595 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks, I have watched a few tutorials but nothing about where the registry information is located. I will check out the link you posted, and if you have any more I would be grateful to have them. I have been playing around with it for a few hours now and can't get it to keep my widgets on ms3, the registration information or the contacts on that screen. I do have it loading all my .cabs, and copying the files in the root directory. Anyway, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

TGD, have you tried the tutorial that was linked above you? If not, let me just put instructions on the suggested way to get the registry edits needed:

First, get a registry editor... They recommend PHM Registry Editor which is free, but I already use Resco Explorer which exports the same way

I actually vary a bit from the video linked... I say install the cab of the file that you want to get the registry edit for first. Next, export your registry to a file. Now preform the action that you want to get the registry for... which means go ahead and enter your registry code. During this time, I also set up the program the way that I want it (i.e. change the settings). Once you are all set up, export your registry again. I usually name registry files 1 and 2 or something similar so I know which is the first and which is the second one. Now, move these files to your computer. By now, you should have WinDiff put on your computer. I find it easiest to just put my exported registry files in the WinDiff folder so it'll come up quicker in menus . Run WinDiff and choose "Compare Files" under the File tab. First select your first file, then the second. Double click on the red text that pops up. From here, I recommend watching the Video Tutorial so you can see him while he explains it. If yall want me to make a seperate Tutorial post with more detail, let me know.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good work

Ok so I did a flash again today and of course used sashimi to recover my OS after. I have made some mistakes and had some success by trial and error. I am going to post up a full tutorial of what I did and what auto files and such I used probably sometime tomorrow. Before that though, can any one tell me a couple things here...

Where is the reg entry for buttons. I tried local machine\software\microsoft\keys. When looking at the values and what not this appears to be the right reg entry. Maybe I did something wrong though as this did not map my buttons for me.

Here is my other issue... I have sashimi installed to my storage. so because of that my cabs will install to my storage. Well what about cabs that i want to install to device memory. I tried changing the asl to "device" but had no luck there. The only other thing I can think of is running an auto file where the install location is "0" for main device memory. But heres where i see a problem. Cabs that are installing from file:sashimi\auto\cabs are by default going to install to my storage (because thats where sashimi is installed). When these cabs run, they never prompt to ask where I want to install the app (unlike any time you install a cab it asks device,my storage, or storage card). So how could I run an auto file and force it to install to the device? Actually as I was typing this I think i answered my question...

Confirmation anyone?...

[AutoFile]

InstallLocation=0

WindowTitle="m2d"

[ScriptCommands]

1=SendLeftSoft

2=Sleep(5000)

3=SendCR

Because the install location is set to 0 this should fix things right? Ok so the auto file will run tandem with the m2d cab install right. So the auto file will tell sashimi install to device. The install location screen will prompt than the script will say to press left soft key (selecting device) then pause for 5 sec. than hit enter. Should work right? Came right out of the sashimi documentation.

Proud to be.... a FLASHAHOLIC
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia