View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
jason917
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sashimi and the Omnia

Ok so I did a flash again today and of course used sashimi to recover my OS after. I have made some mistakes and had some success by trial and error. I am going to post up a full tutorial of what I did and what auto files and such I used probably sometime tomorrow. Before that though, can any one tell me a couple things here...

Where is the reg entry for buttons. I tried local machine\software\microsoft\keys. When looking at the values and what not this appears to be the right reg entry. Maybe I did something wrong though as this did not map my buttons for me.

Here is my other issue... I have sashimi installed to my storage. so because of that my cabs will install to my storage. Well what about cabs that i want to install to device memory. I tried changing the asl to "device" but had no luck there. The only other thing I can think of is running an auto file where the install location is "0" for main device memory. But heres where i see a problem. Cabs that are installing from file:sashimi\auto\cabs are by default going to install to my storage (because thats where sashimi is installed). When these cabs run, they never prompt to ask where I want to install the app (unlike any time you install a cab it asks device,my storage, or storage card). So how could I run an auto file and force it to install to the device? Actually as I was typing this I think i answered my question...

Confirmation anyone?...

[AutoFile]

InstallLocation=0

WindowTitle="m2d"

[ScriptCommands]

1=SendLeftSoft

2=Sleep(5000)

3=SendCR

Because the install location is set to 0 this should fix things right? Ok so the auto file will run tandem with the m2d cab install right. So the auto file will tell sashimi install to device. The install location screen will prompt than the script will say to press left soft key (selecting device) then pause for 5 sec. than hit enter. Should work right? Came right out of the sashimi documentation.

Proud to be.... a FLASHAHOLIC
This post has been thanked 1 times.