PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This was such a surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfisher View Post
Something that I would like to know is how many guys w/ omnias buy i pods?
i'll admit that i have the 120gb ipod and i use it all the time. especially when i go on deployments to "the beach"

i'm thinkin' of trying skype on my omnia over there since wireless is now installed at this particular location. i hope that it'll work and i can't see why it wouldn't.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
Have you tried Pandora? You create your own station and supervise the playlists by rating the songs and artists it suggests. After a while, the music is geared to your specific taste and likes/dislikes.

Ted
@ gruven98

Here's the cab for Pandora. It works great on our phones.

Enjoy.

Ted
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora.cab (776.1 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven98 View Post
i'll admit that i have the 120gb ipod and i use it all the time. especially when i go on deployments to "the beach"

i'm thinkin' of trying skype on my omnia over there since wireless is now installed at this particular location. i hope that it'll work and i can't see why it wouldn't.
My folks live in Frankfurt, I use skype to talk to them since Verizon doesn't really have an international plan. I decited it was worth buying them a skype phone and now I can talk to them whenever I like...pending a 6 hours time zone differance. If EVDO works then wifi should be even better!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

Pandora's sound quality is terrible if you ask me, I use Kinoma FreePlay and listen to ShoutCast online radio. It's awesome, way better than Sirius, and it's free.

Edit - that's unless you upgrade your Pandora account for $36/year. Not worth it if you ask me, considering there are so many free alternatives.

Last edited by brandogg; 06-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
Pandora's sound quality is terrible if you ask me, I use Kinoma FreePlay and listen to ShoutCast online radio. It's awesome, way better than Sirius, and it's free.

Edit - that's unless you upgrade your Pandora account for $36/year. Not worth it if you ask me, considering there are so many free alternatives.
I used to be what was called an audiophile. I say used to be - my hearing has deteriorated somewhat from age and working on the controls in a newspaper pressroom for 20 years. I used to be able to walk straight to the terminal with a bad horizontal sync in a newsroom with 70 terminals. Three wives couldn't keep the 19" rack out of the living room. I built my first surround decoder in the seventies.

The rack is gone but the equipment still takes up a bit of room. And I'm still using large speakers with the 5.1 surround. And Bose in the Eldo.

At my age, with my ears, Pandora is OK for the noise canceling earphones while mowing, edging, etc. I listen to mostly blues and mild rock from Chris Rea to Pink Floyd, with come Patsy Cline thrown in. All her recordings were done live, BTW. Nobody like that around today.

Sorry to rattle on but these threads are going a little slow this morning anyway. That 3-Way is 2.5mm, BTW.

Ted
Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I used to be what was called an audiophile. I say used to be - my hearing has deteriorated somewhat from age and working on the controls in a newspaper pressroom for 20 years. I used to be able to walk straight to the terminal with a bad horizontal sync in a newsroom with 70 terminals. Three wives couldn't keep the 19" rack out of the living room. I built my first surround decoder in the seventies.

The rack is gone but the equipment still takes up a bit of room. And I'm still using large speakers with the 5.1 surround. And Bose in the Eldo.

At my age, with my ears, Pandora is OK for the noise canceling earphones while mowing, edging, etc. I listen to mostly blues and mild rock from Chris Rea to Pink Floyd, with come Patsy Cline thrown in. All her recordings were done live, BTW. Nobody like that around today.

Sorry to rattle on but these threads are going a little slow this morning anyway. That 3-Way is 2.5mm, BTW.

Ted
I would like to like Pandora. My complaint is not so much sound quality as QUANTITY! The sound level coming out (at least through my bluetooth car deck) is too low to use. I have to crank up the deck's volume to a ridiculously high level to hear it. Then when I get a notification sound on the phone or the GPS alerts me of a turn, it knocks me out because it is so loud in comparison to Pandora. I've been searching and searching for a fix to no avail.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200 View Post
I got SOOOO annoyed the other day. A couple of my coworkers and I went out to lunch, and one of them has the Iphone (actually, 90 percent of my freaking department has an iphone, but it happened to be that 2 of the other people we were with didnt). Anyway, I took some pics with my Omnia, and she took some pics with her Iphone, of the girl who's birthday it was. I looked at her pics on the Iphone, and they came out great, while mine came out ok, and I said "Wow, this takes pretty good pics, they came out better than mine, and this is only a 3 megapixel and mine is a 5 megapixel."

Then this lady that was with us said "Of course, look at the phone she has. That phone is like, top of the line. Nothing compares to it." She is an older lady, so I kind of just looked at her like whatever, I didnt even bother saying, dude, I have a smartphone, it can do almost everything hers can and then some. But it just bothers me so much how there is this misconception out there that the Iphone is some super powerhouse that can do things other phones cant, and everything better.

And by the way, I realized later why her pics came out better. She was sitting next to the birthday girl, with the window and sun to HER back. So the light was shining right on the girl in the picture. I was sitting in front of her, with the window and sun behine the bday girl's back, so the sun was shining directly towards me, making the lighting bad.
haha, it's just an iphone, let em waste their money I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven98 View Post
ya know.... i think that the whole iphone thing is nothing more than an tech icon and a fad. don't get me wrong, it's a good product for what it can do, but if you walk up to the normal person who owns one, ask them if they can tether with their phone? most will respond.... what's a tether?

ask them how much those extra apps "really" cost... ask them what their monthly bill is with at&t...

then ask them what they do with it... most will say... oh, i text, surf, and make calls.

ok.... well gee... my omnia does all that & more. it's all about advertising and what the "cool kids" think that "they want" just to be popular.
haha. said very well my man.

Quote:
@ gruven98

Here's the cab for Pandora. It works great on our phones.

Enjoy.

Ted
pandora is not that great at all.
It's all about lastfm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post

wow, pandora didnt' shut down, they just made their services crappy and make you upgrade to a membership to get anything decent now?
I wish they would have just gone out of business.
To me, pandora is the iphone of the internet radio.
It's shiny looks, and crappy productiveness is just like an iphone.
It's all about lastfm, not shiny, but its AMAZING!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I would like to like Pandora. My complaint is not so much sound quality as QUANTITY! The sound level coming out (at least through my bluetooth car deck) is too low to use. I have to crank up the deck's volume to a ridiculously high level to hear it. Then when I get a notification sound on the phone or the GPS alerts me of a turn, it knocks me out because it is so loud in comparison to Pandora. I've been searching and searching for a fix to no avail.
look above, he said you have to pay $36 per year to fix that.
not worth it.
go with lastfm
Old 06-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

OK I just signed up on lastfm. What do I download to get it on my Omnia? The website is definitely not friendly to WM on neither IE nor Opera.

Ted
Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ted, get Kinoma Play and it has a Last FM app on it. You can use Kinoma Free Play, which is free, or sign up for a trial and get the full version of Kinoma for free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well I dunno. The music dies when adjusting settings, when the backlight times out, etc. Pandora keeps the backlight on. Funny but you can switch to another app and it will keep playing but if you turn off the backlight manually it will finish the current song then go into pause until the backlight is turned back on. At that point it will go into another song.

Ted

Last edited by xPosTech; 06-21-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia