PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

liquidsteel30 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked It...?

I made a few posts in Adrynalyne's 6.1 ROM thread, but I guess it makes more sense to put it here since it doesn't have to do with the ROM (unless I am mistaken... apologies for the stray posts there, I'm a little stressed out at the moment).

I flashed to the CC20 rom a while back just fine, and decided to give this 6.1 ROM a runthrough. Everything seemed to run fine:
Code:
PDA Device Found!
[Port : 1]EBoot version = 01.71
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA Device 1 ready to download! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA 1 starts downloading...
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
PDA will be written. 
Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...
=========DownloadImagePDA===============
PDA 1 finished downloading!
Text overlay went to blue like it was supposed to, the phone turned off... and never came back on.

I've tried all the normal reset buttons and nothing is responding at all. At one point I got this message on my computer while it was plugged in:

Reconnected it, now nothing at all.

I just got the phone in mid Feb -- do I have any options at all?

Help.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

jason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good work
Re: Bricked It...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsteel30 View Post
I made a few posts in Adrynalyne's 6.1 ROM thread, but I guess it makes more sense to put it here since it doesn't have to do with the ROM (unless I am mistaken... apologies for the stray posts there, I'm a little stressed out at the moment).

I flashed to the CC20 rom a while back just fine, and decided to give this 6.1 ROM a runthrough. Everything seemed to run fine:
Code:
PDA Device Found!
[Port : 1]EBoot version = 01.71
PDA 1 starts downloading...
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
PDA will be written. 
Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...
=========DownloadImagePDA===============
PDA 1 finished downloading!
Text overlay went to blue like it was supposed to, the phone turned off... and never came back on.

I've tried all the normal reset buttons and nothing is responding at all. At one point I got this message on my computer while it was plugged in:

Reconnected it, now nothing at all.

I just got the phone in mid Feb -- do I have any options at all?

Help.
did you install the samsung usb driver first?

edit: sorry, you must have since you actually completed the flash. You installed the leaked first and then adryns right? Try another flash if so.

Proud to be.... a FLASHAHOLIC
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

liquidsteel30 is a n00b

I was under the impression that the ones that Vista (or Win7, for that matter) were sufficient. The flash to CC20 went fine, and this one appeared fine on the computer end.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I was under the impression that the ones that Vista (or Win7, for that matter) were sufficient. The flash to CC20 went fine, and this one appeared fine on the computer end.

havent read up much on the drivers in win 7. If one went fine though then you are good in that area. When you where in the samsung loader you used the pda button and then navigated to adryns rom? as oppose to when you did the cc20 you used the unified image button?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

liquidsteel30 is a n00b

Yep, used the PDA button. The thing ran, the Done text (or whatever it says) in the top right went to a blue background saying it was done, and the phone turned off.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yep, used the PDA button. The thing ran, the Done text (or whatever it says) in the top right went to a blue background saying it was done, and the phone turned off.
yep... im not sure if by using the unified image button if you messed anything up. Maybe you should reflash the cc20 rom (of course using the unified image button like you should) and then install adryns rom only select the pda button.

edit... didnt read your post right. I see you did you the pda button. Well same as above. Try to re-flash the cc20. then the cooked rom.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

one more thing....
for arguements sake and to be on the safe side... maybe install the sammy usb driver? Again im not too familiar with win7 so im not the best advice here.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

liquidsteel30 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason917 View Post
yep... im not sure if by using the unified image button if you messed anything up. Maybe you should reflash the cc20 rom (of course using the unified image button like you should) and then install adryns rom only select the pda button.

edit... didnt read your post right. I see you did you the pda button. Well same as above. Try to re-flash the cc20. then the cooked rom.
Tried -- there is no response at all from the phone, so it can't be flashed.

glarglar

edit: I am running Vista.

Tried installing the Samsung drivers, they went through fine. Reattached the phone to the computer, and it popped up for new hardware -- It didn't find any working drivers, so I pointed it manually to the extracted samsung folder with the .inf files in it. Didn't work, gave me this in a windows error:
Code:
Description:
  Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is USB\VID_8086&PID_C001&REV_0000.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    PnPDriverNotFound
  Architecture:    x64
  Hardware Id:    USB\VID_8086&PID_C001&REV_0000
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

Last edited by liquidsteel30; 06-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Tried -- there is no response at all from the phone, so it can't be flashed.

glarglar
so somehow you destroyed the boot image? My understanding is that if you turn the phone on with the top right power button, it will run the boot image first (when the omnia loader detects the device) and then start to load the os (and in your case the very bricked os). Dumb question, just trying to brain storm with you... you pulled the battery and then tried turning it on to attempt a flash?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

liquidsteel30 is a n00b

There is absolutely no response from the phone when I hit the power button. No backlight on the LCD, no icons, nothing.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia