PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia 2 coming soon with big VZ

If this comes to Verizon any time soon, I will be pissed - that or I will steal one of my family member's upgrades and get the Omnia 2. Even if the only difference was the screen, I'll be pissed.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
If this comes to Verizon any time soon, I will be pissed - that or I will steal one of my family member's upgrades and get the Omnia 2. Even if the only difference was the screen, I'll be pissed.
yea me too lol
Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

In all honesty the screen is what has me bug eyed. It's the one thing that can't be fixed with a cooked rom that drives me bonkers. I love my Omnia but I've added amoled WVGA to my list of must haves on my next device. I personally think Samsung nailed it with wide screens. vgs is too wide for my taste

I think the polygon looks butt ugly though. I never use the 4 way because it's redundant and cumberson why keep it AND make it ugly?

Also want to point out there is a OmniaII vid on youtube and the UI looks sluggish....nothing Adrynalyn can't fix though. Now I gotta hope he gets one too!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I better start saving now eh?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
You're not the only one :P
Old 06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I don't think this will be an issue, by the time VZW picks up on it, we will be past our NE2 and have plenty of time to save. To be fair though with Samsung/VZW history, it will most likely be pretty fairly priced....just look how cheap the Omnia came out, the lowest priced PPC at the time, and that was the cream of the crop for VZW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornl33t View Post
I think the polygon looks butt ugly though. I never use the 4 way because it's redundant and cumberson why keep it AND make it ugly?

Also want to point out there is a OmniaII vid on youtube and the UI looks sluggish....nothing Adrynalyn can't fix though. Now I gotta hope he gets one too!!
Personally, I don't use the 4 way much either, but that is one thing I really like about the design, I think it is unique and adds character to the device.

As for sluggish, being as it is a pre-market version I don't think the vids are too indicative of it's true potential. The device can be tweaked like we do now, is upgradable to true 6.5 when it is out, and once we get ROMs cooking, I have a feeling it will even leave the Omnia wanting!!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia2!
Carrier: verizon

godwhacker is keeping up the good workgodwhacker is keeping up the good work

this is gonna be a big phone to contain the new screen. i measured out an iphone of one the guys at work, and this phone should be right in that size range.

oink, oink
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
this is gonna be a big phone to contain the new screen. i measured out an iphone of one the guys at work, and this phone should be right in that size range.

oink, oink
I'm going to disagree with you here. it's a WVGA screen and it's only .2 inches larger the the iphone the Iphones screen is huge. The W form factor lets you get more screen without the size increase. I think it's going to be the best screen possible for a device that is supposed to be small. I really really hope this thing gets a nice battery though. around the 4000ma range. that seems exessive but it would make me happy!

I know apple has been working on a screen with a solar pannel behind it to help charge the phone. I really think that's going to be the next Ultimate phone...the phone that doesn't need to be charged, now to see who gets there first.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornl33t View Post
. I really think that's going to be the next Ultimate phone...the phone that doesn't need to be charged, now to see who gets there first.
Agreed! with the new flexible solar cells and such from Konarka and others it is inevitable
Old 06-16-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well...according to this:

etwork: HSDPA 7.2 Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps; EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz; UMTS 900/1900/2100MHz
Dimensions: 4.3 inches x 2.1 inches x 0.47 inches (HWD)
Display: 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED Display with Advanced R-type Touch Screen
OS: Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional overlaid by TouchWiz 2.0 UI with Mobile Widget/3D Media Gate
Memory: 2GB/8GB/16GB, plus External MicroSD slot (up to 32GB)
Camera: 5-megapixel CMOS camera with autofocus and face-detection, plus geotagging and a photo editor. Video recording at 30fps (720x480), plus video editor (trim video, audio dubbing, live dubbing, add subtitle)
Video support: DivX, XviD, H.263, H.264, WMV9, MPEG4
Music: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WMDRM, OMA DRM 2.1, plus FM radio
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v2.1, A-GPS with Navigation (3D Map)/LBS
Talk time: 10 hours (3G)
Standby time: 430 hours (3G)
CPU: 800 MHz
Other functions: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate
Battery: 1500mAh

I would say 430 hours of standby time and 10 hours talk time looks like a pretty decent battery!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia