PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

redakuma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Gets REALLY Hot

hmm me no problems with card heating up at all ebay micro sd sandisk too. charging using wall charger it gets super hot when using application at the same time ie sirius app or router app.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
i was just wondering out loud about why the phones would run hot. no slams at anyone, i have flashed all the cooks roms, and have yet to perceive any overclocking effects, like big heat, or freaky behaviour.

my thinking was that maybe ya'll were running a bunch of programs all at once, and that was stressing the processor, and making big heat.

i did, however, read today if you want to charge your phone via usb, it should be either turned off, or set to mass storage mode under connections (like you do when you flash). dunno if it's true, but may be worth testing to see.

i will check around and see if there is a program that would show processor load, like process explorer i use on my desktop.

thanks i will try that
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
i was just wondering out loud about why the phones would run hot. no slams at anyone, i have flashed all the cooks roms, and have yet to perceive any overclocking effects, like big heat, or freaky behaviour.

my thinking was that maybe ya'll were running a bunch of programs all at once, and that was stressing the processor, and making big heat.

i did, however, read today if you want to charge your phone via usb, it should be either turned off, or set to mass storage mode under connections (like you do when you flash). dunno if it's true, but may be worth testing to see.

i will check around and see if there is a program that would show processor load, like process explorer i use on my desktop.
The USB cable will not charge when the phone is powered off. If by turned off you mean just put to sleep, that won't help unless all processes are stopped via the task manager.

One process that restarts continuously is ActiveSync. You can stop it but you can't keep it stopped. So, yes, set it to mass storage or turn off USB connections for ActiveSync on the host computer.

The only way to tell if you are at full charge is the led on the power/reset switch. When it changes from red to green (and you get the notification) you are at 100%. Once it stops charging, it will not cycle back to charge unless the cable is unplugged and plugged back in. So even though you see green you might not be at full charge if the cable has been plugged in while the phone has been used for a while.

If you're running Today or Today 2 then Homescreen ++ will monitor processor/memory use. Third party task managers will show processor load. There are a few for WM6,6.1, and 6.5.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
If by turned off you mean just put to sleep, that won't help unless all processes are stopped via the task manager.

Ted
That's not my experience. Mine charges just fine if slowly.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
That's not my experience. Mine charges just fine if slowly.

i bet you have a top notch computer that you built your self and you know how to Adjust it to run perfect. Most people don,t and usually have cheap hardware. But i did find out on a different site about mp3 players that there is jumpers inside on mother board that can change the amount of power to your usb ports. have not checked it out don't need to i only use usb to flash rest done Bluetooth. Is flashing to much for Bluetooth by the way i do not know. I don't cause its a signal that can be lost or interfered with
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hmmmmmm still gets pretty hot. pretty much used to it now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia