PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I i tweak my phone or leave it be
Tweak 145 98.64%
Dont Tweak 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I-910
Carrier: verizon

gourry413 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
to Flash or not to Flash, that is my dilema

Hello all

Just wanted to do a quick poll to see what people think. I just got my 4th phone in 2 months, from verizon. Not going to go into detail about what has happened, but i am debating on flashing to unlock the GPS and want to know what people think. so if you have a free minute, i would like to hear what you have to say. Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: to Flash or not to Flash, that is my dilema

Go for it
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

EXELDENT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourry413 View Post
Hello all

Just wanted to do a quick poll to see what people think. I just got my 4th phone in 2 months, from verizon. Not going to go into detail about what has happened, but i am debating on flashing to unlock the GPS and want to know what people think. so if you have a free minute, i would like to hear what you have to say. Thanks
Welcome to the forum. I am a total novice to all this. I'm actually a dentist, so I definitely have limited knowledge on a lot of the things discussed here. That being said, I've flashed my phone at least 7 times without complications. It's awesome to unlock the GPS. I downloaded the CC20 into my phone, then downloaded Google maps, then downloaded a free GPS program called Amaze. It's so cool. Even if you don't use the driving feature, the point of interest feature is great. I hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker

leongs is a n00b

My first Omnia Verizon i910 flashed with beta ROM OK, then bricked with other PDA flash upgrade. The phone just died. The recent replacement flashed with the same beta OK too. I'm debating myself like you going any further flashing for speed & storage. Currently using Pointui Pro.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Welcome to the forum. I am a total novice to all this. I'm actually a dentist, so I definitely have limited knowledge on a lot of the things discussed here. That being said, I've flashed my phone at least 7 times without complications. It's awesome to unlock the GPS. I downloaded the CC20 into my phone, then downloaded Google maps, then downloaded a free GPS program called Amaze. It's so cool. Even if you don't use the driving feature, the point of interest feature is great. I hope this helps.
Are you talking about point of interest feature on Amaze? Or one of the other gps programs?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

I have flashed a few different times and never had a single problem. I flashed the CC20 to get the GPS working (which works great btw) and then I tried Wozzer's v5 ROM, then switched to Adrynalyne's 1.0 ROM and that is where I currently stand. It is fun to be able to tweak my phone and customize it the way I want. So I say go for it.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I've lost count how many times I have flashed.

20? 30? 1500?

Still alive and kicking
Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been on this site for well over a year and performed my first flash two weekends ago. best thing i ever did.

btw... i have a Vogue so im not sure if its the same...
Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

go for it, worked for me first time
Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ Adryn's WM 6.5 ROM

KodiakClark is just getting started

I flashed mine with the CC20 to unlock the GPS. I was seriously nervous, but it worked like a charm. I haven't had the chance to try any of Wozzer, Adryn, or Blazzingwolfs ROMs yet. I would say go for it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia