PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I i tweak my phone or leave it be
Tweak 145 98.64%
Dont Tweak 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920
Carrier: Verizon

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: to Flash or not to Flash, that is my dilema

I just flashed my phone yesterday to unlock the gps and it took less than 5 minutes. As long as you follow the directions step by step, you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

I got my omnia about 2 months ago, and i was debating the same thing. i've been a palm os guy for a long time and still use my tx on a weekly basis. anyway, after finding this forum and with the help of many on here, i took the plunge the first time with the unoffcial rom, then when big A tossed his out of the oven, i went with base 1.0. things have been working great and i love tweaking this thing. there's still so much more to learn as it's not quite the way that i want it yet, but it's getting there.

i haven't been following 6.5 that much and i don't know if they're going to unlock the gps or not. but as mentioned above, you can't really go wrong if you follow the steps to flash your phone, and no one here is going to steer you wrong.

just my .02
Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6700
Carrier: VZW

lordchaz is a n00b

the only downside to flashing my ppc is it flips my wife out! flash on!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

lookin at your poll , i think its pretty obvious lol good luck bro. you wont regret it.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

I love my phone about a billion times more since I started flashing... I've flashed many times and have had not issues
Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Flashing is definitely worth it. I was hesitant at first but once I starting seeing on here that more and more people were successful with it, I decided to take the plunge. No regrets at this point.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

loving the general attitude towards altering our devices performance, and entertainment aspects. 100% Geeks here
Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia I910

azpirin is a n00b
Cool Re: to Flash or not to Flash, that is my dilema

Is this the official rom? When do you think the official ROM with unlocked GPS will be available? Also, when is official WM 6.5 not beta be available?
Does anyone know?

I have no problem flashing to new rom. Just want it to be the official ones.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I-910
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

gourry413 is just getting started

Thank you all for you comments and insight, it was very interesting reading what everyone has to say. My fear is that once i flash, my phone will get all messed up again. I am on my 4th Omnia in 2 months. The first one came from Verizon all messed up, damaged i mean. The second one i replaced the battery 4 times because it would die with in an 8 hour time from just sitting at my desk while i work, i wouldnt even use it. The third one i just sent back because after flashing it to the GPS, none of my features worked. I would never be alerted when i got a text or call, though i had my phone set with the volume all the way up and vibrate. i do have the protection plan for my phone and still have 2 replacements for the year at $50 dollars a piece, i just dont want to keep getting new phones.

I have decided to go for it, but there is still one thing i am leary about. When i open the Omnia UMDL, there is select a platform at the top. it has 2 selections, one is SCH-i910 WM6.1 DPRAM and one is just SCH-i910 WM6.1. when i did my initial flash, i used the DPRAM one and had all the issues. When i went to use my SPB backup to restore the phone before sending it back to verizon, it said that it was not the same format that was on the phone. Did i choose the wrong one? Which did each of you choose?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpirin View Post
Is this the official rom? When do you think the official ROM with unlocked GPS will be available? Also, when is official WM 6.5 not beta be available?
Does anyone know?

I have no problem flashing to new rom. Just want it to be the official ones.
There are no "official roms" for the i910 as of right now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia