PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I i tweak my phone or leave it be
Tweak 145 98.64%
Dont Tweak 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: to Flash or not to Flash, that is my dilema

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourry413 View Post
I have decided to go for it, but there is still one thing i am leary about. When i open the Omnia UMDL, there is select a platform at the top. it has 2 selections, one is SCH-i910 WM6.1 DPRAM and one is just SCH-i910 WM6.1. when i did my initial flash, i used the DPRAM one and had all the issues. When i went to use my SPB backup to restore the phone before sending it back to verizon, it said that it was not the same format that was on the phone. Did i choose the wrong one? Which did each of you choose?
Use the default. I can't remember which comes up but don't change it.

You can't use a backup to revert to a previous ROM before flashing.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

DPRAM is the default.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jmak512 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jmak512 Send a message via MSN to jmak512 Send a message via Yahoo to jmak512

I flash mine and the GPS works fine bro besides everyone on the site works really hard with good instructions so no way to get lost. besides its good to see what the monia can do. Hope this helps!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I-910
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

gourry413 is just getting started

Well all, tonight is the night. my GPS is no longer going to be oppressed by the tyranical vzw. It is time to liberate my right to get lost and not have to pay $10 to find out where i am. Viva la flash, lol.

sorry, i am at work and i am bored out of my mind. Thanks to all for your input.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i say do it man thats why we all come to this site is to learn and try new things and yes i have bricked my first vogue and as soon i got the replacement i flashed to btw we learn from our mistakes,they are a part of our lives so enjoy what you have been givin.oh and one more thing if you haven't joined the cbm then take a look at that thread
Old 05-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!
Carrier: VZW

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourry413 View Post
Well all, tonight is the night. my GPS is no longer going to be oppressed by the tyranical vzw. It is time to liberate my right to get lost and not have to pay $10 to find out where i am. Viva la flash, lol.

sorry, i am at work and i am bored out of my mind. Thanks to all for your input.

So???????? Update?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia