PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some Mobile Shell 3 love for the Omnia!!!

I already posted this in the software forum Shell thread, but I figured over here more Omnia users would catch it!! MikiBest released a first version of an MS3 skinning app!! I am sure it is a little rough around the edges yet, but I think that was pretty quick to get at least a beta out already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiBest View Post

NOW READY!!

The new release 4.0 of my skins are now available for the Omnia resolution (WQVGA 240x400). I'm working hard to complete the skins for all devices.
Found here: http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work
Re: Some Mobile Shell 3 love for the Omnia!!!

Is it just me, or has SPB totally hit the nail on the head with MS3? It seems to me that this is exactly what Samsung was after with the movable widgets. SPB just took it a step farther IMO by adding additional screens for them. Samsung's version was not very good, but the SPB version nails it.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

In a way, I will agree SPB has a big hit here, and took widget use to the next level from Samsung, but in the same right, Samsung has a set of widgets Shell users would love to be able to utilize on MS3, so I think a hybrid, or being able to convert Samsung-type widgets for MS3 use would be great!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

I am really liking the MS3 - a lot. I think it really maximizes the touch capabilities of the Omnia. It also helps me to get around quicker to where I want to go. I am still trying to tweak it just right though.

I have a question. Where is the Flashlight icon located so that I can add the widget to one of my screens?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I know someone has tried these. Can we some some screenshots?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thants what im saying i want some screen shots
Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I may post some tonight if I can stay awake long enough....I have been beating myself silly the past week or so trying to get TTS to work on my iGO8, and considering I could have sworn I bricked my phone a couple times today just doing that, I am thinking of flashing to Adrynalyne's newest ROM tonight and give myself some breathing room to play around with this....(frustrating) in doing so, I will install this new Imache version and see how it goes!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

jester2043 is just getting started

I would have posted some screen shots but I deleted it about 5 min after I installed it. I loved the version for MS2, but this one just isn't there yet. for example your launcher buttons are skinned and the like which is really cool but you cant skin the digital clock on the lifestyle screen. Instead the creates a second professional screen with the skinned clock and notificaton buttons. The bad thing is that you can't change off the page with a swipe. you have to use the new launcher. Not to mention there isn't an uninstaller included so you have to delete the whole folder. Did a soft reset and MS wouldnt launch. I ended up uninstalling MS3 too and having to reload everything. it sucked so bad that i tried it again haha seriously. the same thing happened. Maybe I was just the lucky one.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910

JB4409 is a n00b

It`s friggin` sweet that someone worked so hard to get a skin app out so soon after MS3`s release. I LOVED the app for MS2.

For the nitty gritty: It`s OK. There wasn`t a way to really spruce up MS3 (not that it needed it yet, but we folk do tend to get bored easily, no?). The imarche skin app looks sweet everywhere but the lifestyle page. It left behind the background built into MobileShell on that page. I`m sure it will get better and better (not that it isn`t sweet now), but it deosn`t have the "BAM" effect it does for MS2.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

I just added this in, and feel kind of the same way. Not liking it all that much. The fact that I can't change the digital clock on lifestyle sucks! Plus the lack of an uninstaller is kind of annoying, so I may have to do what you did and delete it all and re-install MS3. I don't like the weather button on the bottom as it links to an older version of weather and I have spb weather 2.1.1 which I like more. Plus I Want my standard analog clock back because it fit over the yin-yang perfectly!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia