PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HOME
Carrier: Verizon

Eddie7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Eddie7
Unhappy I Need Help With Igo8 For The Omnia910

Does any body have information on step by step to how to install igo8 on omnia i been trying but i can get it to work , i do have my Gps Unlock ... Can someone please help?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I Need Help With Igo8 For The Omnia910

It's not that hard, there is a folder named 2577 or something like that which you put in your storage, and one of the files in there is the installer. You should also have another folder in the storage named Igo8 with all your maps and stuff. I think the first time you launch it, you have to have the phone in landscape mode.

Also, I could never get Igo8 to find me until I changed my gps settings to COM4 and Bauc 4800. Not everyone has it set to that though, so Im not sure if it depends on the area you are in, or what...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Eddie7 is a n00b

what abt if instead of my sd card i want to used it on my storage folder, ? would that be possible ?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I find that you can save the two install folders on any memory card, but it will automatically install to the main memory. I have moved the app to 'My Storage' and it works great......except for the TTS voices, but I may be installing them incorrectly. I can't get them to work for the life of me!!!!

Sorry...off topic a bit there.....basically as long as I am making a mistake with the voice file placement, moving the app works great .

Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

for the TTS you have to have them in the voice file BEFORE running the install program in 2577. So do an uninstall (from programs menu) and delete any leftover from main memory. Put the TTS voice files in. Then run the install exe from 2577, soft reset and profit..
Old 04-27-2009, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have tried that, I think I am messing up what files to put where! The file I have has two filders (audio + config) and some files (big_flag_usa.bmp, content.nng, flag_usa.bmp, info.ini). I inzipped them into the voice folder of the iGo8 folder, and re-installed....nothing.

As I play around with it now, the bmp images won't open, maybe I got a faulty download!!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

you put the voice file in the voice folder ( I used AMY) and then there are .dll's that go in the main program menu. When you first activate the voice in program it will ask to install the .dll's. At least that is how it worked when I did it for IGO 8.0
Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Omega Ra...please check your PM.

P.S. to the OP...sorry about the hijack!!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I find that you can save the two install folders on any memory card, but it will automatically install to the main memory. I have moved the app to 'My Storage' and it works great......except for the TTS voices, but I may be installing them incorrectly. I can't get them to work for the life of me!!!!

Sorry...off topic a bit there.....basically as long as I am making a mistake with the voice file placement, moving the app works great .
same hear using ocn8 and tts dont work i want that us girl to talk to me but she wont haha
Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Eddie7 is a n00b
Talking Re: I Need Help With Igo8 For The Omnia910

Well Good News ... i got it to work .... i was just putting the the wrong folder i was copying the igo8 folder to windowns where the 2577 and another igo8 folder were .... so i uninstall it then when to to the igo8 folder copied 2577 and the other igo8 and done .. works great !!! ... only two things i dont like about it ..... my omnia get real hot i use igo and there is now traffic .. available ...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia