PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920
Carrier: Verizon

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Need Help With Igo8 For The Omnia910

What version is everyone using? I'm using v. 8.0.0.49545 and all I had to do was install the 2577 and IGO8 folder to My Storage and run the AUTOEXEC.EXE or soft reset your phone. Everything works including voice. I did change the COM to 8 and BAUD to 57600. I also noticed that this app drains the battery pretty quick.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07aspenx View Post
What version is everyone using? I'm using v. 8.0.0.49545 and all I had to do was install the 2577 and IGO8 folder to My Storage and run the AUTOEXEC.EXE or soft reset your phone. Everything works including voice. I did change the COM to 8 and BAUD to 57600. I also noticed that this app drains the battery pretty quick.
It's not the GPS radio that drains the battery. I run BAFGPSToggle 24/7 and it doesn't noticeably drain it any faster than when it's toggled off.

I would suspect the backlight and GPRS if you're searching POI and/or downloading maps a lot.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HOME
Threadstarter

Eddie7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Eddie7

im using same version .... and voice works great .... just more of the same battery and phone gets hot ... ill try with out voice and ill see how it goes ....
Old 05-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For those of you whose phone gets hot using GPS--

Since it's GPS I'll assume you're using it in a vehicle for navigation. Consider using a mount with a minimal back. IE just three finger clips. Mount it in front of a vent for increased air flow.

Here is my Brando.com.hk mount:

Samsung is aware of the problem. Their mount allows air flow to cool the battery. They have an OEM kit that includes the holder, car charger and some other accessories but I can't put my hands on the link right now. I'll update with the link when I find it.

Ted
Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

You can get that very kit on eBay for $8 shipped, with a car charger to boot.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HOME
Threadstarter

Eddie7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Eddie7

thats cool im gonna get me one coz i my phone keeps folling all over my car coz i have no where to place it ... ..thanks for the advice=D>
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor

I would love for someone to explain the compressed zip files that are in the igo8 download. There is that data.zip that when you uncompress it creates more of the same folders. and I don't know where to put the contents. Then there is an overload of resolutions and I only need the 400x240. Do I delete the rest to save memory. I change the settings.txt to "my storage" uh, ???. I am assuming that content folder/files go somewhere, root igo8 folder? there are multiple audio folders without knowing what goes where. I am assuming that the zip files need to be uncompressed prior to transfering to device. Can I delete all the european files? And lastly. What should the chain look like? igo8, what folders exist and what files go in those folders. I was up until 3:00 and watching files transfer I fell asleep in front of the computer and drooled all over my mouse. (kidding) but it was terrible, I want to delete the files I don't need. I had a 2gig download that was filled with eastern block countries, maps, poi, etc. So I guess I should also ask if there is a "best" version to download that is set up for the omnia specifically. I found a torrent that did and it still had a thousand folders and files. It's like tossing a handful of springs and gears and pins and having them fall down as a watch. Or I'm stupid
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia