PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Turning off Battery Charge sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
FYI - I did search. I read the thread. But simply "changing the sound to a quieter one" is a band-aid, not a fix.

In the mean time, I will try the "blank sound" fix and see how that goes. Did you guys just replace that file with a custom one with the same name, or is there somewhere that you can pick which sound is played for it?
okay you may have searched but Obviously you DID NOT read....I did say they have not found a way to disable it yet....and I also included the names of the sounds you need to replace in the link I gave you in my previous post, yes this is a "band aid" but unfortunately that is the only solution at the moment...

I will be a little more specific for you next time so you don't have to read as much as everyone else did...

SyrGuy posted a file of "blank sound" in that same thread, there are instructions clearly stated on what u need to do within that thread as well but to save you time I will put it here for you...

there are actually 2 sounds you will need to change....

the first sound is "alarm2.wav" and the 2nd sound is "Notify.wav"

use ur windows explorer and navigate to the "Windows" folder the sounds are located there.

you can replace the current sounds with the "blank sound" you will need to name the "blank sound" to the same name as the current sounds and navigate to ur windows directory copy the "newly named" sound into the windows directory and confirm that u want to overwrite the existing sound...

also if you don't have one already you should get a File explorer program, because the windows explorer may not allow u to change these files as they are 'read only' I use Resco Explorer, but its not free, but it is reliable...

If I left anything out sorry...but I think thats the easiest way to do it...until a real fix comes along...

BTW I did not come up with this work around, just echoing what someone else took the time to figure out,

Last edited by pdub73; 02-17-2009 at 05:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

swade8 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Turning off Battery Charge sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
Is there any way to set the phone to NOT play that annoying sound at 3:00 in the morning when my phone finishes charging, waking me from an otherwise peaceful sleep?

I know I can put the phone on vibrate, but then I'm afraid I'll either forget to turn the volume back up in the morning or I will miss an important (emergency) call since this is my only phone (no land-line).

Any tips?
I'll tell you what I did to solve this issue.. I spent about 2hours with Resco Explorer open and went to the Windows folder of the Device and brought up all wav and mid files and clicked on each one till I found which one was producing the same sound as the full charge sound. I then right clicked on the sound file, clicked properties... this allowed me to then copy the file name of the sound clip. I then opened up Pocket Word, and clicked New, as if you plan on making a new document... then without entering anyting, and I mean nothing at all.. I then clicked on the Menu on the bottom, then went to File,then Save As.. I pasted the name of the file on the top line, changed the location to MY Storage (so as to find it later), and chose a directory to save the new document.

I then closed out of Word. OPened up Explorer to find my new text file.. and you'll notice it's only 1kb.. tiniest you could ever make it... held my stylus on it then tapped on properties... I then could eliminate the TXT or DOC format leaving the sound file formatting alone. saved and then copied it into the windows directory.. it'll prompt for an overwrite, tap yes.. and there you have it.. no more sound to wake you up after it's fully charged.

I did this also to every sound clip the phone had one to save space and two because most were annoying.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

skrump is a n00b

Thanks pdub and swade for the tips, I'm going to give it a try. I got fairly far along until I hit the brick wall of being unable to modify the Omnia's original sound files. Being a cheap bastard, I really don't want to have to buy Resco Explorer just to do that one quick fix to correct a problem that Samsung never should have created in the first place. I've got that free mobile registry editor for my phone, don't know if it operates in the same way as Resco, I'll start with that, then move to a trial of Resco if need be...
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrump View Post
Thanks pdub and swade for the tips, I'm going to give it a try. I got fairly far along until I hit the brick wall of being unable to modify the Omnia's original sound files. Being a cheap bastard, I really don't want to have to buy Resco Explorer just to do that one quick fix to correct a problem that Samsung never should have created in the first place. I've got that free mobile registry editor for my phone, don't know if it operates in the same way as Resco, I'll start with that, then move to a trial of Resco if need be...
Resco has a free 15 day trial if that other one doesn't work...so you don't have to feel "cheap" lets just say since VZW is sapping all of our spare cash we just don't have any cash left for good programs such as Resco, and Sbp...!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia