PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Get Wifi Tethering working on the Verizon Omnia I910

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
You can also use ICS without WMWIFIRouter.
+1 this is how I do it. I connect my phone USB to my laptop and run ics...all I need.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax79 View Post
Why go to all of that problem. Use your active sync cable and PDANet. It works great and it should less battery since you will not be using the WiFi radio and the EVDO radio at the same time.
yea but its so cool to have a wireless router in ur pocket...!!! u can look at those Iphone guys and be like..."yawl got an app for this?"
Old 07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

I love asking the iPhone guys questions like that. Or, wow...voice recognition...my outdated i760 did that a year and a half ago.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 (Samsung Omnia)
Carrier: Verizon

jpike1969 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jpike1969 Send a message via MSN to jpike1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
Programs work flawlessly thanks for the info and I have heard the same thing about the 5gb cap. Crazy. Why would you call it unlimited when there is a limit
I've gone WAY over the 5GB mark, never been charged extra. I have the unlimted data plan @ $44.99/month

Just my 2 cents worth.

PS: Thanks to everyone on here, I love my Omnia, and been able to do a lot of customizations thanks to you guys.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia-soon

TechNewbie is a n00b

I installed both applications (ICS and WM...) and was able to use laptop to access internet. But then i noticed that i could no longer use my Omnia broadband access. After no luck for hrs, I did a hard reset and reinstalled my backup files. But still no broadband access; even after *228 to reprogram phone. i checked with Iris and IE and no access with either.

I get an EV at top of Today menu, and I can use my phone. I checked Connection settings and noticed that for "My ISP" /Manage connections, I see broadband access with correct #777 number, and correct username. There is nothing in Domain field (is this correct?). For the password field, I see about 15 asteriks (*) when it should be "VZW". I change to VZW and "Finish". but i go back in to verify settings and it looks like VZW was not saved. For Advanced settings, I have "Use server assigned IP address" checked.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong to get my broadband back?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNewbie View Post
I installed both applications (ICS and WM...) and was able to use laptop to access internet. But then i noticed that i could no longer use my Omnia broadband access. After no luck for hrs, I did a hard reset and reinstalled my backup files. But still no broadband access; even after *228 to reprogram phone. i checked with Iris and IE and no access with either.

I get an EV at top of Today menu, and I can use my phone. I checked Connection settings and noticed that for "My ISP" /Manage connections, I see broadband access with correct #777 number, and correct username. There is nothing in Domain field (is this correct?). For the password field, I see about 15 asteriks (*) when it should be "VZW". I change to VZW and "Finish". but i go back in to verify settings and it looks like VZW was not saved. For Advanced settings, I have "Use server assigned IP address" checked.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong to get my broadband back?

the username should be (ur phone number)@vzw3g.com

when u see the 15 asterisks(*) that means ur password is stored...u should not have needed to change it...

however VZW is the correct password...domain is blank that is correct...

it seems like ur settings were correct even before u changed them, you could be having another problem...

i have a similar problem where after i soft reset the password disappears...but after i re-enter it and click save password it works fine...i think it has to do with something i have installed...im still working on it...
Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia-soon

TechNewbie is a n00b

Good thing it is weekend as I played with this for hrs and no luck. SO, I went ahead and flashed CF03 and now everything works fine. don't know "wha happen" ... oh well, got my broadband back and now to see what CF03 does for me before i flash again .. thanks.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 omnia

chinamanblue is a n00b

i910
CC20
using this thread's ICS and WMWIFI
I installed, everything worked perfectly.
But then, freeze and soft reset and no wifi. Another SR, no wifi still. Settings->connections->connection mgr didn't show wifi.

So, Hard reset... wifi is back.

BUT - evdo won't work... *228, 1, SR, *228, 2, SR... still no evdo... it dials... but nothing.

HR - wifi back, evdo back.... have not reinstalled ICS and wmwifi... just glad to have wifi and evdo back.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamanblue View Post
i910
CC20
using this thread's ICS and WMWIFI
I installed, everything worked perfectly.
But then, freeze and soft reset and no wifi. Another SR, no wifi still. Settings->connections->connection mgr didn't show wifi.

So, Hard reset... wifi is back.

BUT - evdo won't work... *228, 1, SR, *228, 2, SR... still no evdo... it dials... but nothing.

HR - wifi back, evdo back.... have not reinstalled ICS and wmwifi... just glad to have wifi and evdo back.
Every time after using WMWifiRouter, you need to re-open the program, go into 'Options' and select 'Crash Cleaup'. Then re-boot the phone. This will restore the phone's WiFi
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: I910

dms76 is a n00b

I want to make sure I understand correctly. I can use ICS to connect without installing PDAnet or WMwifirouter. What kind of usage does it appear to Verizon as? Does it appear as the phones internal data usage or as tethered data with additional charges?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia