PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia being reduced to $99

Well, good luck with that. I can't think of one place that honors its online prices in stores. Surely you had to know this?

Well I can, but they just closed their doors. That was Circuit City.

Personally, I don't think its that big of an issue to return it and pay half price online. Plus you get to send a big FU to Verizon because they don't get to sell the device new, its now effectively a refurb.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

badfrog is a n00b

I bought mine online on the 10th, customer service tells me I have to mail it back if I want a refund. why I can't just walk into a store, or have them adjust it on the phone! hell, ATT gave everyone a break when the dropped the Ipod price... refunding people 100$ who had recently bought it at the higher price.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

willieg3 is a n00b

Dude chill out. Stores can do price adjustments on the spot without having to return and then re-ordering the phone. I work in a Verizon Corporate Store, we do it all the time.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Lurker

willieg3 is a n00b

If the phone was ordered online then customer service is right, we cannot do the price adjustment in store for two reasons: prices can differ online and we are unable to match them in store, and in order to do price matching we have to be able to pull up the order number on our computers, which we cannot do since it came from a different inventory system.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:20 AM
N00b

gatorbyte is a n00b

Could they be clearing inventory for this?

http://www.brighthand.com/default.as...msung+Omnia+HD

I kinda feel screwed. I haven't had my omnia for 3 months yet and it's obsolete and apparently being fazed out for a better version. So I guess in a year and a half when I'm due a discount on a new phone there will have been five or six latest greatest verizon smartphones released between the one I have and the one I'll be getting.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The chances of Verizon getting that are slim. How many Symbian devices are on their network?

Thats right, none.

Even if they did get it--consider it to be eligible....in the next 12-14 months, AT LEAST.

Phones are obsolete as soon as they come out. Sorry you feel screwed, but thats just how technology works.

I felt screwed when I got my LG Dare, and something better came out. I felt screwed when I bought my laptop, and something better came out.

See a pattern? You can wait for the latest, greatest thing, but it there is no such thing. There will always be later, greater, things.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 02-16-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 AM
N00b

gatorbyte is a n00b

Well, you're right that tech gadgets in general are obsolete as soon as they are released so I guess I really can't complain. It does however suck that the omnia was selling for $270 before discount a mere 3 months ago and now they're basically giving it away. Oh well.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 AM
The Pusher

It sucks, but had we been patient.

But, we weren't.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

varshaska is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshaska View Post
I just bought the damn phone!! Going to try to see if I can get credit back.
Just an update us verizon folk, I just called them, and they credited my account. I bought it online, and they had no issues crediting me back $100.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 AM
lilmoney30

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshaska View Post
Just an update us verizon folk, I just called them, and they credited my account. I bought it online, and they had no issues crediting me back $100.
I just got mine friday and im leaving right now to go get my 100 bucks. you have 30 days for their price advantage program.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia