PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

steve austin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A must read here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
It really irks me when I see posts like this... Lemme ask you When the Apple first dropped its Iphone, did they have all the support, and updates and info that they enjoy now? 2 or 3 years, not months, but years later???

you can blame Samsung if you like the the fault is yours, for jumping in the pool with without checking the temperature, are you an impulse buyer? "oh this looks nice....lemme buy it even though I don't know anything about it"

You can do that with little flip-phones, but why pay 2-3 hundred dollars for something without doing ur homework on it...from reading ur last post it must be because you have money to throw away...

There is NO such thing as a perfect phone, I know plenty of Iphone users, its a love, hate relationship, and I see things on there that are cool but I doubt WinMo can do...at the same time they lack the ease we enjoy in modifying our phones, a landscape keyboard, removable memory,

I believe the issue with flash is the opera Mobile browser...I installed a version of Skyfire that works on my omnia and it plays youTube, yahoo video, even silverlight video... I can go to myspace and it plays the music and slide shows...

but if you feel like dishing out the 175 to get out of ur contract, go ahead do us a favor and spare us your belly aching, if you don't have the patience to wait for the support to catch up to the technology please return your Omnia, so someone who appreciates a superior phone can have it,

its no secret the Omnia has flaws, but I knew that going in, but I also know someone will figure out a way around the bugs...and eventually Samsung will develop a fix to a few of the problems some issues may never be fixed, that is so they can get us to shell out some more cash when the next version of the omnia comes out...
Quote:
Bah whatever with that guy let him go get the Iphone or the Nokia...

The one thing I really liked about this board was that there were not rabid fanboy’s like on many iPhone forums. I could ask a question, get an answer and engage in a civil electronic discourse. Disappointment yet again.

pdub73 lease brush the sand out of your vagina. I am stating my "opinion" about a freaking phone. We are not fighting over the same woman for Pete’s sake. If you don’t like what I have to say a simple:

1. “Maybe this phone is not for you.”

2. “Sounds like it’s been more trouble than its worth. This has not been my experience, but so is life.”

3. Ignore me and continue to help those more deserving.

This I can accept. The man-crush and hurt feelings are a bit much – over a phone. Besides, I have never bashed anyone here over the inordinate levels affection I read displayed over an electronic device.

I have already thanked people on this board for continuing to help me. I am not unappreciative. I am $175, 2 glitches and 2 months away from a “possible” switch because I have already taken the phone back 4 times (in a month)! Missing pixels, faulty rotation with motion sensor, memory storage full issues (which could have been negated if just ONE of the numerous Samsung tier 3 reps had ever heard of the problem before and assisted me properly).

I have wasted gas money and time. More importantly I have spent over 3 hours on the phone waiting to be “helped” by VZN and Samsung “experts” who gave me faulty solutions to most of my issues. I had to seek out boards like his to find answers on my own. Most of you have not experienced these problems (from what I’ve read) or already knew what the solutions were. I didn’t and the initial resources that were available to me VZN and Samsung tech support didn’t know either.

I went on Youtube, Phonedog, Pocket Now, cNet and read many reviews before I got this phone and NO ONE chronicled all these glitches. I did my homework from what, at the time, was known to me.

So if you would kindly get off the high horse, or in this case, the pony which you are looking down upon me, I would greatly appreciate it.

If any of you, from this point on feel that I am not appreciative of all the tips and knowledge supplied or given to me directly it will be your mistake.
If there is anyone else who has a problems with me stating my “opinion” about what I expect in a phone or “my” experiences with a phone express them, but I don’t intend on having to defend my “opinion”. Thank you
Old 02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

EVERYONE CHILL OUT!
god!
dude you dont like the phone take it back.
no need to bash him though.
though...it was funny

Phandroid!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleis View Post
EVERYONE CHILL OUT!
god!
dude you dont like the phone take it back.
no need to bash him though.
though...it was funny

I am not trying to be confrontational either. Again, I was stating my views, from my experience, on the phone.

Is it me...NO WHERE have I said I did not like the phone. I am not taking it back, at least not yet. The fifth one is the charm.

Last edited by steve austin; 02-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post
Is it me...NO WHERE have I said I did not like the phone. I am not taking it back, at least not yet. The fifth one is the charm.
LMAO!
ok, its not just everyone else, even YOU are funny!
dude...this phone rocks!
make it your own then you`ll like it.
BUT...you have to know what you want.
thats how i approached it anyway.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleis View Post
LMAO!
ok, its not just everyone else, even YOU are funny!
dude...this phone rocks!
make it your own then you`ll like it.
BUT...you have to know what you want.
thats how i approached it anyway.
GOOD LUCK!
Thanks. The problem has been that every time I start to get into the phone something sets me back. It got frustrating Active Syncing all my info and then have to turn around and take the phone back numerous times. Looking into SPB shell and other things to customize it my way. I am working on seeing what the phone has to offer.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

do yourself a favor

23 pages and counting so far!
nothing but pure simple make your phone the SHIZZNIT!

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...ewhichwhywhen/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

I think the whole point everyone misses is the fact phone is just phone w/o the right OS.

Whatever flaw Samsung Omnia has, some of those flaw transpose to HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, and other WINMO devices. The falls of these devices is the fact they are WINMO. On the other side of the fence, the beauty of these devices is the fact they are WINMO.

The customization abilities, available applications, and takes the #1 spot in SmartPhone devices of Window Mobile phones are bar none.

While Apple iPhone is sleek, it too has it's own flaw, issues, and problem. Especially when it was first released. It took several ROM releases, but the return rate for defect is still pretty high.

Same goes with Nokia and other devices on various of OS out there.

Of course when Comparing WinMo devices between them, there are pros and cons. Omnia, while not the best out there, does a significant job on delivery features. Touch Wiz UI is crap in my opinion, but having FM Radio, WIFI, Mass Storage + SD Slot, and among a few others make them stand out.

HTC Diamond and Touch HD/Pro have sharper and crisper VGA screen. That comes with a price. For me, the best I could get the VZ Touch Pro was over $200, while Omnia was under $100 for similar features. Minus the screen differences.

So for now, Omnia serve the purpose well. Next stop HTC Touch HD w/ WinMo 6.5 / 7.0 lol
http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/categ...g/cell-phones/
(Support The Site By Visiting Google's Link)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=

pdub73 lease brush the sand out of your vagina. I am stating my "opinion" about a freaking phone. We are not fighting over the same woman for Pete’s sake.
[/QUOTE]

How colorful of you...if you're so clever my friend, why don't you use ur infinite wit and common sense and try a little harder to figure out this meaningless piece of electronics,

don't come and complain and and tell people how this phone is better, and that phone has this, become a part of the solution to the issues you have, if you cant do that then move on, go get the Iphone or the Nokia but don't bash the phone that the rest of us are willing to help you learn how to use, and threaten to switch companies out of frustration over things that are not really that serious, which of us really has the sand in his Vagina??? you are complaining like a woman over minor crap, if you 86 the Omnia within ur 30 days then you really didn't try....and maybe the phone really isn't for you, this is not a fanboy response, and its not really ur fault, that ur the 10th person to come and go cuz you didn't really have the patience to wait for the phone to come out of its infancy...

Now whether you want it or not, I will ignore ur childish remarks and still give any help I can but understand you threatened to switch phones and companies AFTER all the help that has been given so far, thus wasting our time and effort, I apologize for coming down on you so hard but I don't want the effort of the people here to go in vain, so if you can accept my sincere apology, then we can move on and I hope you decide to keep the omnia...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I apologize for coming down on you so hard but I don't want the effort of the people here to go in vain, so if you can accept my sincere apology, then we can move on and I hope you decide to keep the omnia...

Accepted. I just have not had greatest experience so far. I more than appreciate the help from everyone who has responded.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post
Accepted. I just have not had greatest experience so far. I more than appreciate the help from everyone who has responded.
BTW the Vagina thing was pretty funny, in fact if it wasn't so funny I might have been upset....anyway....keep pluggin away hopefully we can all
help u work around the bugs....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia