PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What should I do...two dead pixels?

I think i read in another thread that he got his replacement.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Good...I lost track of this thread, always a good thing when the problem is resolved in a to the users benefit!!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: What should I do...two dead pixels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Good...I lost track of this thread, always a good thing when the problem is resolved in a to the users benefit!!
Yes I got my new phone. Thanks for asking. I called up VZW and they shipped out a new new one next day. No dead pixels on the new one. I'm holding on to my old one until Monday. I was throwing about every program I can think of on the old one testing things out. This way if something happened I didn't care because I'm going to hard reset the thing before I send it out anyway.

It was messed up, Tech Support wanted to send out a refurb. Customer Service just sent me out a brand new one. They even gave me an instant $70 credit for my old one instead of me having to send out the mail-in-rebate which I hadn't done yet. I have to say for the most part, I've always had a good experience with VZW customer service.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Nice.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That is a great way to test out all these tweaks and customizations...I would do the same thing, try EVERYTHING you can and see what happens LOL!!!!

Now....for homework....we want a detailed report of all the apps/tweaks you tried, and how they work on the Omnia!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 AM
The Pusher

I tried one last night. I installed the OpalDialer. Would work great if it would support our resolution. BTW, don't even try it unless you like the ideas of restoring a backup (I did), or a hard reset
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

I think that will be the stumbling block for us getting dialers. The screen may be great for the eyes, but being different also makes it not as popular to work on. There are dozens of 240x320 dialers, but the extra 80 pixels does hurt us at times!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia