PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile Shell + Imarche Skin Generator

For those that are using SPB Mobile Shell with the imarche skins there is a new update that allows you to use your own backgrounds. http://www.imarche.net/omnia/update.php

Now i have managed to get 1 set of pictures to work but unsure how i did it as every image i create now provides an error when trying to install.

I know the images are correct size 240/400 and saved as .bmp in a 16bit format.

I am using various programmes to get this working (Irfanview, Paint.net and GIMP). I dont want to pay for image convertor plus and found the trial didnt do what i wanted either.
GIMP is the only 1 i can see that allows me to choose 16bit depth.

Anyone else managed to get this working and provide any helpfull hints ???

I have also tried the other route which requires editing the installed backgrounds via the imarche skins package -

1. Browse to where you have installed the spbmobileshellskins.
2. make a copy of the qp_bkg_now.dat from the folder and place onto PC.
3. if u have not checked the show file extension in ur comp
(go to tools/ folder options /view / and uncheck the hide file extension)
4. Now probably u will get all the extensions so now change the qp_bkg_now.dat to qp_bkg_now.zip,
5. Open the qp_bkg_now.zip with Zip or RAR which ever and copy seperator2.bmp use password : b0fm18zq
6. use photoshop for editing the files if u already have a coloured background u do not need to resize the image to 240*400.
7. just edit the seperator2.bmp to what ever image u want (only 240*400) images and flatten the image using photo shop. if u do not flatten it wont work.
8. save as .bmp image and go to advanced save as r5 g6 b5 image.
9. now just drag the edited image into the zip folder qp_bkg_now.zip and encrypt with the password - b0fm18zq.
10. same applies for landscape ql_bkg_now.dat file and use 400*240 image process is same.

But this doesn't show the image and only a black background.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: SPB Mobile Shell + Imarche Skin Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRedLine View Post
For those that are using SPB Mobile Shell with the imarche skins there is a new update that allows you to use your own backgrounds. http://www.imarche.net/omnia/update.php

Now i have managed to get 1 set of pictures to work but unsure how i did it as every image i create now provides an error when trying to install.
Saving the images in the correct format is tough, but I managed to crack it (posted a new Shell-look in the Today screen-shot thread. If you get to the point of giving up, post your images (zipped would be best), I will convert them and re-post them for you (the app that does it is kinda expensive).

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

I have the Imarche skins on my Titan and it works great. At first I did'nt understand the installation process but I figured it out. Install the right link to your storage card. Then go into the program and go into the scripts folder. You want to click on install.mscr after that completes scroll down in the script folder and click on mortscript which will then activate the files and it should work.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone
Threadstarter

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

Thanks i have attached 2 images.

Bennysangel - Its not the actual skin package i have issues with its the new background generator thats causing a few users problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Images.zip (54.0 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK...I will convert these as soon as I can log on at home tonight!! You will have them soon!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRedLine View Post
Thanks i have attached 2 images.

Bennysangel - Its not the actual skin package i have issues with its the new background generator thats causing a few users problems.
Here you go, you should be all set with these now!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip converted images.zip (58.5 KB, 90 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

I have yet to get The Skin background generator to even install. I have the basic program running so that I can use their supplied skins. I'm able to create the right photo sizes & types, but I can't get the generator to install no matter how carefully I follow their (terrible) instructions.

I place it into a file in My Storage and then attempt to run it - just like I've done with many other programs and I get this: "....cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found...."

I tried reloading, deleting, re-downloading from the site etc... 2 hours later & nothing to show for it. (Except some nice, properly sized photos I can't use)

--------------

BTW: I've found overall, this program is a mess. It's a mess to install and a mess to use. The install interfaces have not been created so we have to run various scripts and change extensions and hope and pray....and then sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't .... and sometimes it screws things up. I've also found that a good portion of the buttons shown on their website to not correlate to what is in the menu on the phone. Some on the phone are not shown on the website and some on the website are not on the phone.
If I knew of another program - that worked - I would dump this.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Cmass...The installation of the generator is a little tricky. I was confused for a bit as well. All I did was open each folder and copy the files that were not on my Omnia but in the generator file on my PC to the same folder on the Omnia (sounds confusing eventhough I know what I mean LOL). You also need to run the generator from file explorer, you an't run it as part of the mail skin app.

I do agree it is tough to run at times, and I can think of a lot better layouts/ways of skinning, but trust me...if you saw what we had to go through to skin when this incarnation of Shell first came out, you would think this was easy as pie in comparison!!!!

If you still can't get it, let me know and we will see if we can find another way!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Cmass...The installation of the generator is a little tricky. I was confused for a bit as well. All I did was open each folder and copy the files that were not on my Omnia but in the generator file on my PC to the same folder on the Omnia (sounds confusing eventhough I know what I mean LOL). You also need to run the generator from file explorer, you an't run it as part of the mail skin app.
So, I have two explorer windows open:
1) One showing the GENERATOR files. It is located on my PC. The generator is an add-on program to the original skinning program supposedly allowing you to add your own backgrounds.
2) The other window shows the contents of the Mobile Shell Skins folder on my Omnia. This is the original skinning program.

I am supposed to compare these two and determine which files the Generator has that the Mobile Shell Skins does not have? And then copy and paste these into the Mobile Shell Skins directory on the phone?
If I'm correct so far, WHERE in the Mobile Shell Skins directory? There are numerous folders within it.

This begs the question: Why doesn't the Generator add-on simply contain the folders needed to upgrade the Mobile Shell Skins? Why do we have to pick through it and cut and paste? This seems absurd does it not?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Cmass....That is EXACTLY how to do it, and yes I agree 100% it would make more sence to just integrate it into the original download package, but I will take what I can get LOL!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia