PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Repeat SMS Text Notification Question

Ok, so I hate how I get a notification that I have a new text and then it never tells me again. That sucks!!!

I downloaded a program called: Missed Call Reminder (I found it on a forum, I'll try to find a link later).

The program works great actually, except it doesn't vibrate. There are 10 different settings and none of them work. I remember in a different program (Touch Response) I had to set the vibration ID # to 11. I'm wondering if maybe the ID needs to be 11 for Missed Call Reminder, except I can't make it 11!!

Anybody have any ideas? Anybody know a different way to get the phone to keep reminding me that I have a text message every couple of minutes or so?

I thought I had seen a reg edit that would ungrey "Repeat" in the WM Notification settings screen but I couldn't find it.

Help Please.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Repeat SMS Text Notification Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Ok, so I hate how I get a notification that I have a new text and then it never tells me again. That sucks!!!

I downloaded a program called: Missed Call Reminder (I found it on a forum, I'll try to find a link later).

The program works great actually, except it doesn't vibrate. There are 10 different settings and none of them work. I remember in a different program (Touch Response) I had to set the vibration ID # to 11. I'm wondering if maybe the ID needs to be 11 for Missed Call Reminder, except I can't make it 11!!

Anybody have any ideas? Anybody know a different way to get the phone to keep reminding me that I have a text message every couple of minutes or so?

I thought I had seen a reg edit that would ungrey "Repeat" in the WM Notification settings screen but I couldn't find it.

Help Please.
There is a reg entry like what you wrote about, and I will find it again if you really want, but I tried it and not only didn't it work as we would think, but it really messed up a couple other things resulting in a hard reset!!!

11 is the setting you need for vibrate in that and other apps, I am not sure if you can get the author of yours (is that the one over at XDA?) to work on that for you, if it is the one I am thinking, you probably have a good shot!! I use OS Remind Me (for the life of me I can't remember who/where it was posted for me to try) it works GREAT, is small in memory, and easy to use. All you do is check if you want reminders for SMS, missed calls or both, pick a tone, duration and number of reminders. In activating the vibrate function, you need that '11' in the vibrate box, and then just hit 'Hide'.
http://freewareppc.com/communication/osremindme.shtml

Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you. I'm going to give it a shot. I'm installing it now.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

What version of that missed call reminder are you using?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
What version of that missed call reminder are you using?
Version 1.2, which seems to be the latest version (at least that I can find).

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
There is a reg entry like what you wrote about, and I will find it again if you really want, but I tried it and not only didn't it work as we would think, but it really messed up a couple other things resulting in a hard reset!!!
Ok, so I won't do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I use OS Remind Me (for the life of me I can't remember who/where it was posted for me to try) it works GREAT, is small in memory, and easy to use. All you do is check if you want reminders for SMS, missed calls or both, pick a tone, duration and number of reminders. In activating the vibrate function, you need that '11' in the vibrate box, and then just hit 'Hide'.
http://freewareppc.com/communication/osremindme.shtml
I have this installed and it seems to be working fine so far. (after I changed the annoying default sound).

Now I have another problem. Now every time I send an SMS Text message I get the "Message Sent" notification. How do I get rid of that? I did a search and found a registry edit for this topic and found this reg edit:
Disable SMS Sent Notification: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs] Set SMSNoSentMsg to 1

So... Using FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1 I used the reg edit tab and navigated to that location. There is no SMSNoSentMsg. I'm new to reg editing. So far I have only changed values, not added any. Could someone walk me through this? I'm not sure if I add a key, or what. (Why is it called a key?) Another question is what type of value do I add?

Help please.

Edit: I think I add a new value. The Value Name should be SMSNoSentMsg?? The next question is what the Value Type should be? I have a list of options, they are: REG_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_BINARY, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, REG_RESOURCE_LIST, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST, REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN, REG_LINK, REG_QWORD, REG_MUI_SZ. Then I'm guessing that the "data" should be "1". Is this right?

Last edited by Phantom27; 01-10-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs] Set SMSNoSentMsg to 1

So... Using FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1 I used the reg edit tab and navigated to that location. There is no SMSNoSentMsg. I'm new to reg editing. So far I have only changed values, not added any. Could someone walk me through this? I'm not sure if I add a key, or what. (Why is it called a key?) Another question is what type of value do I add?

Help please.

Edit: I think I add a new value. The Value Name should be SMSNoSentMsg?? The next question is what the Value Type should be? I have a list of options, they are: REG_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_BINARY, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, REG_RESOURCE_LIST, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST, REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN, REG_LINK, REG_QWORD, REG_MUI_SZ. Then I'm guessing that the "data" should be "1". Is this right?
Anybody know how to do this?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I figured it out...

The value name is "SMSNoSentMsg" and the Data is "0". The value type is "REG_SZ".

It works.

**Thanks to SYRGUY1969 for his tips/tricks/hacks post**

Last edited by Phantom27; 01-22-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia